Joule Watt second = How many Plank?

• Thread starter dharma12001
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Joule Watt
In summary, you are asking about Planck's constant and how many Plancks per one second equal one Watt-second. Planck's constant is 1.67e-2 Ws^2/h and 1 Ws is 2.5*10^31hrmm. So, at 60 Hz, one Watt-second is equivalent to 2.5*10^31nPlancks.
dharma12001
I hope someone can help me find quantity of electricity.

how big is a Planck? In other words, how many Plancks per one second (unit time) equal one Watt-second (unit energy) at 60 hz (377 radian)?

Physics news on Phys.org
What's a Planck?

Phrak said:
What's a Planck?

Planck Q ( Max Planck - E = hν) charge of the electron for electrostatic Planck unit

Last edited:
hrmm...

dimensional analysis:

h = Planck's constant
n = number of "plancks"

units(h/s) = Ws

n("plancks"/s)= 1 W/60 Hz

n = 1.67e-2 Ws^2/h

n = 2.5*10^31

Pythagorean said:
hrmm...

dimensional analysis:

h = Planck's constant
n = number of "plancks"

units(h/s) = Ws

n("plancks"/s)= 1 W/60 Hz

n = 1.67e-2 Ws^2/h

n = 2.5*10^31

are you sure?
1 Ws (watt second) = 2.5*10^31n

dharma12001 said:
I hope someone can help me find quantity of electricity.

how big is a Planck? In other words, how many Plancks per one second (unit time) equal one Watt-second (unit energy) at 60 hz (377 radian)?

dharma12001 said:
Planck Q ( Max Planck - E = hν) charge of the electron for electrostatic Planck unit

You seem to be confused by some of the terminology. The electron charge is irrelevant in the formula E=hv, which relates the energy of a photon (E) to its frequency (v) via Planck's constant (h). Physicists just call E "the energy of a photon", not "a Planck" as far as I'm aware.

At a frequency of 60 Hz, a photon would have the energy
[tex]E=h \nu = 6.63 \cdot 10^{-34} \text{ J/Hz} \ \cdot 60 \ \rm{Hz} = 4.0 \cdot 10^{-32} \text{ J, or} \ 4.0 \cdot 10^{-32} \ \rm{W \cdot s}[/tex]
However, apart from serving as an academic exercise, I know of no practical value in thinking about photon energies when dealing with everyday 60 Hz phenomena.

OR ... maybe you really are asking about charge, and how many fundamental charge units are flowing in an electric circuit?

(EDIT added) OR ... do you want to know how many Joules are equivalent to one Planck energy? Answer: 1.956 × 109 J. For details, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_energy

Last edited:
Redbelly98 said:
You seem to be confused by some of the terminology. The electron charge is irrelevant in the formula E=hv, which relates the energy of a photon (E) to its frequency (v) via Planck's constant (h). Physicists just call E "the energy of a photon", not "a Planck" as far as I'm aware.

However, apart from serving as an academic exercise, I know of no practical value in thinking about photon energies when dealing with everyday 60 Hz phenomena.

My hobbyist research is to convert house current into electrostatic energy (ultrasonic force) to aid house plant in photosynthesis (dissociation of water) during winter. This was a peculiar interest to plant enthusiasts of early 20th century. I am implementing modern apparatus of my own design and theories presented Harvey F. Lodish in Molecular cell biology. I wish to employ natural Planck unit as measurement standard.

My confusion is with measurements of house electricity being expressed in electron, whereby lepton is conveyed differently by publications Electricity and Matter, Recent Researches Into Electricity by J.J. Thompson.

Last edited:

Related to Joule Watt second = How many Plank?

1. What is the relationship between Joule, Watt second, and Plank?

Joule, Watt second, and Plank are all units of measurement used in the field of physics. Joule is a unit used to measure energy, Watt second is a unit used to measure power, and Plank is a unit used to measure action or angular momentum. They are related through the equation 1 Joule = 1 Watt second = 6.626 x 10^-34 Plank.

2. Can Joule, Watt second, and Plank be used interchangeably?

No, Joule, Watt second, and Plank cannot be used interchangeably as they measure different quantities. However, they are related through their respective conversion factors.

3. How are Joule, Watt second, and Plank related to the metric system?

Joule and Watt second are both derived units in the metric system, with Joule being derived from the base units of length, mass, and time, and Watt second being derived from the base units of time and power. Plank, on the other hand, is a unit in the system of natural units, which is an alternative to the metric system used in theoretical physics.

4. Why is Plank used as a unit of measurement?

Plank is used as a unit of measurement in the field of physics because it can provide a more precise measurement for some quantities, such as angular momentum, than other units of measurement.

5. How many Plank are in a Joule?

There are 6.626 x 10^-34 Plank in 1 Joule. This means that 1 Joule is equivalent to 6.626 x 10^-34 times of the smallest possible amount of action or angular momentum.