Is the Universe Really Not Expanding?

In summary, this person is asking us to believe in things that defy common sense, without providing any evidence to back up their claims.
Originally posted by Hurkyl
And how does one go about deriving from the electric sun model that neutrino flux should be inversely proportional to sunspot density?

What difference does it make to the theory when the inverse proportionality is observed?

This is another diversionary tactic. You want to know the math go ask a plasma physicist.

So?

lol

are you going to make any arguments about the theory or what?

Which has no proof of correctness.

You have been saying that from before you knew anything about it.

The fact is that it can explain more data than the standard model can so it has more "proof".

I wonder if you are ever going to understand the theory well enough to debate it.

That electric charge tends to organize itself to form neutrally charged structures.

The fact is that the neutrino flux density suggests strongly that the fusion is taking place in the double layer not in the depths of the sun.

The idea that the gravity of the plasma can overwhelm the electrical repulsion is a completely hypothetical concept. We have nerver observed such a process and the data does not support the hypothesis.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
What difference does it make to the theory when the inverse proportionality is observed? This is another diversionary tactic. You want to know the math go ask a plasma physicist.

Plasma physicists don't appear to endorse the model you describe. For instance, consider this page hosted by the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory:

http://fusedweb.pppl.gov/

While we're discussing plasma physics, check out this excerpt from the pppl page at http://www.pppl.gov/projects/pages/magnetic_reconnect.html

Magnetic reconnection is the breaking and topological rearrangement of magnetic field lines in a plasma. It is one of the most fundamental processes of plasma physics and has important relevance to fusion research, as well as to the physics of the Earth's magnetosphere and solar flares. It may also play a key role in heating the plasma in the solar atmosphere, or solar corona.

(I don't remember in which thread you claimed that such notions were nonsensical fancies of astronomers who know nothing about electrodynamics)

And Auburn University cautions strongly about using terrestrial experiments to model interstellar plasmas at http://www.physics.auburn.edu/~plasma/basic/spacelab/simulate.html

(and this site too states that fusion occurs in the core)

The fact is that it can explain more data than the standard model can so it has more "proof".

But can it make precise numerical calculations from initial assumptions?

We have nerver observed such a process and the data does not support the hypothesis.

Sure it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plasma physicists don't appear to endorse the model you describe. For instance, consider this page hosted by the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory:

http://fusedweb.pppl.gov/

Not all of them do of course and I never said that they did. Not all physicists endorse the BBT either. So what?

While we're discussing plasma physics, check out this excerpt from the pppl page at http://www.pppl.gov/projects/pages/magnetic_reconnect.html

(I don't remember in which thread you claimed that such notions were nonsensical fancies of astronomers who know nothing about electrodynamics)

? what on Earth are you talking about. I never said that those ideas that you quoted are nonsense. If you can find the misinterpreted post of mine let me know.

And Auburn University cautions strongly about using terrestrial experiments to model interstellar plasmas at http://www.physics.auburn.edu/~plasma/basic/spacelab/simulate.html

(and this site too states that fusion occurs in the core)

So what does this have to do with the model I was talking about? Another diversion? Can't debate the Plasma Cosmology model?

But can it make precise numerical calculations from initial assumptions?

Yes indeed it can. You would know this if you dared to actually learn the model.

Sure it does.

go on... explain just how it explains the proportionality with the sun-spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all of them do of course and I never said that they did. Not all physicists endorse the BBT either. So what?

I spent half an hour looking for a reputable website that had something similar to the electric sun model. I could find none. Can you point me to one, or am I right in suspecting none exist?

So what does this have to do with the model I was talking about? Another diversion? Can't debate the Plasma Cosmology model?

You attempt to gain support from extrapolation from experiments on terrestrial plasmas. Analogy with the properties of terrestrial plasmas is the sole motivation given on the electric-cosmos website.

Yes indeed it can. You would know this if you dared to actually learn the model.

And where can I find the model?

go on... explain just how it explains the proportionality with the sun-spots.

I'm curious as to how this relates to my assertion that electric charge tends to organize itself to form neutrally charged structures.

Aww c'mon, the GPS thing is far more entertaining than that electric sun crap.

I spent half an hour looking for a reputable website that had something similar to the electric sun model. I could find none. Can you point me to one, or am I right in suspecting none exist?

So you are giving up on Plasma Cosmology?

You attempt to gain support from extrapolation from experiments on terrestrial plasmas. Analogy with the properties of terrestrial plasmas is the sole motivation given on the electric-cosmos website.

What? The sole motivation is to build a more solid understanding of cosmology.

And where can I find the model?

You can't... give up

I'm curious as to how this relates to my assertion that electric charge tends to organize itself to form neutrally charged structures.

There is zero evidence that the fusion happens in the core and there is evidence that it happens at the surface.

What? The sole motivation is to build a more solid understanding of cosmology.

I was speaking about the motivation to choose that theory amongst the assortment of alternatives.

There is zero evidence that the fusion happens in the core and there is evidence that it happens at the surface.

(response in other thread)

I was speaking about the motivation to choose that theory amongst the assortment of alternatives.

Oh that is easy. Because it solves the mysteries that the standard model cannot explain... and I suppose I will have to list them again or can you read or even remember?

I suppose I will have to list them again or can you read or even remember?

I remember. And I remember objecting because solving the mystery implies being able to generate precise numerical calculations which your website does not provide.

I remember. And I remember objecting because solving the mystery implies being able to generate precise numerical calculations which your website does not provide.

That website does not provide all the calculations nor does it give the whole of our knowledge of Plasma Physics. Did you really expect it to? How many small introductory websites do you know of that give every bit of quantitative knowledge about a theory?

This is meant to be a qualitative and slightly quantitative overview of the theory not the complete and total content of every single bit of information about the theory.

I believe I have asked you to provide the details; you could have said them yourself or redirected me to a less elementary website.

I believe it was I who first pointed out that the information on that website is just as useless in understanding anything as reading a pop media layperson's book on a mainstream physical theory.

I believe I have asked you to provide the details; you could have said them yourself or redirected me to a less elementary website.

I believe you will have to buy a book for that.

I believe it was I who first pointed out that the information on that website is just as useless in understanding anything as reading a pop media layperson's book on a mainstream physical theory.

It is a detailed and very adequate introduction to the theory. I figured that was the obvious place to start. I didn't realize that you were ready to devote months or years to the study of Plasma Physics! But good for you! :wink: