Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jokes

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
Deveno said:
International Choice of Urinal Protocol...ohemgee!
I'd like to let everyone note at this point that even though the article maybe just meant for a joke, the formulas given aren't incorrect. For example, (a serious version) A166079

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012
Regarding the comics "A friend in need is a friend indeed" in post #47: Russian people would also bend the thumb to indicate number four. But Russians fold fingers rather than extend them while counting (wiki). Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I would hold the hand with the palm facing me, not the board. I'll ask my friends how they would do it.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Regarding the comics "A friend in need is a friend indeed" in post #47: Russian people would also bend the thumb to indicate number four. But Russians fold fingers rather than extend them while counting (wiki). Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I would hold the hand with the palm facing me, not the board. I'll ask my friends how they would do it.
When manually enumerating, I place my palm facing me, and extend fingers, beginning with the index, then middle, ring, pinky and finally thumb. I notice some here who begin with the thumb though. I think to myself that they are strange, but do not chastise them for being "wrong." :D

DreamWeaver

Sep 16, 2013
When manually enumerating, I place my palm facing me, and extend fingers, beginning with the index, then middle, ring, pinky and finally thumb. I notice some here who begin with the thumb though. I think to myself that they are strange, but do not chastise them for being "wrong." :D
Meh!? :eek:

The toes are lower down, so you starts with them, non? Toes for units, fingers for tens, and something else for hundreds...

[*I'll get ma coat*]

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Meh!? :eek:

The toes are lower down, so you starts with them, non? Toes for units, fingers for tens, and something else for hundreds...

[*I'll get ma coat*]
When I am in the mood to try and impress my friends/family, I treat each finger as a binary digit where extended is 1, and count from 0 to 1023 on ten fingers. There is always much ooing and ahhing and raucous applause! (Bow)

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
When I am in the mood to try and impress my friends/family, I treat each finger as a binary digit where extended is 1, and count from 0 to 1023 on ten fingers. There is always much ooing and ahhing and raucous applause! (Bow)
Wow, nice one MarkFL, I like that! (Clapping)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Wow, nice one MarkFL, I like that! (Clapping)
For some reason, when I get to 4, 128 and especially 132, there is snickering. I don't understand it...:(

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
(Rofl)

Deveno

MHB Math Scholar
Feb 15, 2012
For some reason, when I get to 4, 128 and especially 132, there is snickering. I don't understand it...:(
Me neither...oh...OH! I get it, it's the "political opposition salute" sign in underground street sign-slang...no, that's not it....

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
Just saw this one and felt like sharing. ;)

Deveno

MHB Math Scholar
Feb 15, 2012
Well that's dumb, it's CLEAR the answer isn't 24.....or is it...?

Fantini

"Read Euler, read Euler." - Laplace
MHB Math Helper
Feb 29, 2012
Of course, the answer is always 42.

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012

ModusPonens

Jun 26, 2012

Deveno

MHB Math Scholar
Feb 15, 2012

anemone

MHB POTW Director
Staff member
Feb 14, 2012
I couldn't resist posting any joke that has something to do with the corns!(Sun)

soroban

Feb 2, 2012

. .
[tex]\boxed{\begin{array}{c}\text{This sentence} \\ \text{no verb.} \end{array}}[/tex]

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012
The importance of quotation marks

soroban

Feb 2, 2012

Why was the identity [tex]\sin2r \,=\,2\sin r[/tex] refused a loan?

He needed a [tex]\cos r.[/tex]

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012

soroban

Feb 2, 2012

What is the difference between Ignorance and Apathy?

I don't know and I don't care.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

If a man speaks in a forest
and there is no woman to hear him,
is he still wrong?

soroban

Feb 2, 2012

A man was recently frozen to Absolute Zero.

He's 0 K. now.

Deveno

MHB Math Scholar
Feb 15, 2012
There are two formal theories for arguing with women.

Both of them are inconsistent.

soroban

Feb 2, 2012

There are two kinds of people:

those who can extrapolate from insufficient data.