Joke - Bill Clinton: 'Screw It, I'm Running For President'

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Running
In summary, Bill Clinton is running for president in 2008. He says he is sick of not being president and that the fact that he is already wearing a suit and smiling and waving on the campaign trail was an added motivator.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
CHARLESTON, SC—After spending two months accompanying his wife, Hillary, on the campaign trail, former president Bill Clinton announced Monday that he is joining the 2008 presidential race, saying he "could no longer resist the urge."

"My fellow Americans, I am sick and tired of not being president," said Clinton, introducing his wife at a "Hillary '08" rally. "For seven agonizing years, I have sat idly by as others experienced the joys of campaigning, debating, and interacting with the people of this great nation, and I simply cannot take it anymore. I have to be president again. I have to." [continued]
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/bill_clinton_screw_it_im_running

Edit: This is of course a joke and not to be taken seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl:
Clinton told reporters Tuesday that seeing so many "Clinton '08" posters "really got [him] thinking," and said that the fact that he was already wearing a suit, and smiling and waving on the campaign trail was an added motivator.

Old habits die hard.

How come The Onion hasn't picked up on this story?

:)

Zz.

Figures it'd be the blokes at the Onion.

At first I thought this was a story from some joke tabloid, but if it's in the Onion, it must be true!:rolleyes:

Ivan, you should have stated that this was a joke, a lot of people aren't familiar with The Onion.

Query: Can you really call yourself "smart" if you have no concept of satire or humor?

Poop-Loops said:
Query: Can you really call yourself "smart" if you have no concept of satire or humor?
Some people don't know what The Onion is and some members have posted articles from The Onion believing that they are true. Remember also, that PF is an International community and would not understand.

I'm going to start a news corp. named "The Carrot" and make it completely serious, but crappy. Sort of like Fox News, but crappy on purpose.

Just to screw with people.

Evo said:
Ivan, you should have stated that this was a joke, a lot of people aren't familiar with The Onion.

That takes all of the fun out of it.

As I recall, we once announced that PF had been sold to the Scientologists.

Last edited:

1. What is the context of this joke?

The context of this joke is a reference to former US President Bill Clinton's scandal involving Monica Lewinsky and his subsequent impeachment. The joke plays on his reputation for being charismatic and politically savvy, suggesting that he would still run for president despite the controversy.

2. Who is the target of this joke?

The target of this joke is Bill Clinton himself. It plays on his personality and political ambitions, making light of the scandal and his potential decision to run for president again.

3. Is this joke offensive?

It depends on individual interpretation and sensitivity. Some may find the joke offensive due to its reference to a serious political scandal, while others may find it humorous. Ultimately, the intent of the joke is to poke fun at Clinton's reputation and not to offend anyone.

4. How does this joke reflect on society's perception of politicians?

This joke reflects society's perception of politicians as being power-hungry and willing to overlook personal scandals for the sake of their political ambitions. It also highlights the idea that politicians are often seen as untrustworthy or immoral.

5. Why is this joke still relevant today?

This joke is still relevant today because it not only references a specific moment in history, but it also speaks to the ongoing issues and controversies surrounding politicians and their actions. It also reflects the enduring public perception of Bill Clinton as a charismatic and controversial figure in American politics.