Join the PF Community on Google+: Click the Icon and Show Your Support!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about supporting the website by clicking the Google + icon on the homepage. It is mentioned that mobile users would find it helpful to have a link. The consequences for members are not specified, but one person mentions not wanting any background apps running due to a poor internet connection. Another person clarifies that clicking the icon simply indicates that you like the site and does not add any background apps. The conversation ends with someone asking what to do after clicking the icon, to which it is explained that a Google + account is needed.
Show your support and click the Google + icon on the homepage at the bottom of the right side bar under "Stay Connected". Let's get that count well past 100!

Physics news on Phys.org
Mobile users would find it helpful if you could have a link here.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Show your support and click the Google + icon on the homepage at the bottom of the right side bar under "Stay Connected". Let's get that count well past 100!
What are the consequences for members? What happens? I have a really crappy Internet connection, and I certainly don't want any background apps running. I have a hard enough time getting onto PF as it is, sometimes.

Thanks

Greg Bernhardt said:
Turbo all it does is tells google you like the site.
I like the site (of course) - I just didn't want to engage some some background app - especially one that "phones home". I don't have enough bandwidth to engage in that stuff.

Thanks, Greg.

Clicked the +

I don't have a google + option there.

What if I just keep clicking the button?

Doc Al said:
:biggrin:

Doc Al said:

You'd just toggle the +1 on and off. Doesn't add :)

I clicked what looked like the Google+ button in the lower right corner of the main PF page, and it took me to the page below. What do I do now?

Attachments

• Google+Page.jpg
    Google+Page.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 395
berkeman said:
I clicked what looked like the Google+ button in the lower right corner of the main PF page, and it took me to the page below. What do I do now?

You need a Google + account. Don't continue if you don't want one.

Related to Join the PF Community on Google+: Click the Icon and Show Your Support!

1. What is Google+ and what is PF?

Google+ is a social media platform created by Google. PF refers to a specific page or community within Google+.

2. How do I Google+ PF?

To Google+ PF, you first need to create a Google+ account. Then, you can search for the specific PF page or community and follow or join it.

3. What are the benefits of Google+ing PF?

Google+ing PF allows you to connect with others who share similar interests and engage in discussions and content sharing within the PF community. It also provides opportunities for networking and staying updated on relevant information.

4. Can I Google+ PF without a Google+ account?

No, a Google+ account is required to Google+ PF. However, you can still view public PF pages without an account.

5. Is Google+ing PF free?

Yes, creating a Google+ account and Google+ing PF is free. However, there may be costs associated with using certain features or services within Google+ or PF.