John A. Rice book (Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis)

In summary, I don't recommend using cramster for this book. They are often wrong and don't provide explanations well. A solutions manual is available online or at a bookstore.
mynameisfunk
I am using this book for a mathematical statistics class I am in. I have an account with cramster to check answers since they have solutions to nearly the entire text, but they are HORRIBLE. Half of the time they are dead wrong and they always lack decent explanation which is pretty key in figuring out how to approach a problem. Does anyone know of a solutions manual to this book? I saw one on a website but said they were out of stock and then there lots of downloads for it when i googled, all of which I am too scared to download for fear of a virus. The book is Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis 3rd Ed. by John Rice.

Physics news on Phys.org
Not exactly what you want, but since that appears to be a standard intro text, there are several other books that will be almost identical to it. Maybe find one of those that has a solutions manual. I don't have the name of my old text, but it had a nice manual that came with it, I can check for it in the office later this week if you need a name, but there should be several out there.

That would be extremely appreciated. Anything to help me get some practice and a good way to check myself.

Ok here is a link to amazon. The newest edition is pricey, but since you aren't using this as a primary text I'd just get one of the $5 used ones. I want to say that it came as a book+solutions wrapped up package (back in edition 5), but you should probably verify that first before ordering.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0495110817/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Another option is of course a schuam's outline, which are usually pretty decent. I used to find it worthwhile to pick up one anytime it was available for a class.

I understand the importance of having reliable resources and solutions when studying complex mathematical concepts. It is unfortunate to hear that your experience with the solutions on cramster has been less than satisfactory. In situations like these, it is always best to reach out to the publisher of the book directly or to your instructor for additional resources or solutions. Additionally, there are many reputable websites and forums where you can find solutions and explanations from knowledgeable individuals in the field of mathematical statistics. It is important to exercise caution when downloading materials from unknown sources to avoid any potential viruses. I would recommend seeking out alternative solutions from credible sources to supplement your understanding of the material.

Related to John A. Rice book (Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis)

1. What is the main focus of John A. Rice's book on Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis?

The main focus of the book is to provide a comprehensive and accessible introduction to the mathematical concepts and techniques used in statistics and data analysis. It covers a wide range of topics including probability, random variables, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, and more.

2. What level of mathematics proficiency is required to understand the content of this book?

The book is aimed at upper-level undergraduate or beginning graduate students in mathematics, statistics, or related fields. A solid understanding of calculus, linear algebra, and basic probability is recommended.

3. Is this book suitable for self-study or is it better suited for classroom use?

The book is designed for both self-study and classroom use. It includes numerous examples, exercises, and practice problems to help readers reinforce their understanding of the material. It can also serve as a useful reference for those already familiar with the subject.

4. Does the book cover both theoretical and applied aspects of mathematical statistics?

Yes, the book covers both theoretical and applied aspects of mathematical statistics. It not only presents the underlying mathematical concepts and theories, but also discusses how these concepts are applied in real-world situations through examples and case studies.

5. Are there any additional resources available to support the learning of the material in the book?

Yes, the book includes a companion website with additional resources such as interactive applets, datasets, and solutions to selected exercises. In addition, the author provides a list of recommended readings for further exploration of the topics covered in the book.