(Job searching) How would I answer this question on a job application?

In summary, the person is seeking advice on how to answer the question "Why am I planning on leaving this company?" when they are not actually planning on leaving but rather seeking to have multiple sources of income. They are looking for a way to express this on job boards without being too specific or causing potential issues with their current job. Suggestions include stating a desire for a new challenge or exploring other growth opportunities. Ultimately, they can explain more in an interview or potentially keep both jobs if possible.
TheMacNerd
Hi,
Here's my question on how to answer this question on online or paper job boards:"Why do I plan on leaving this company?"? The thing is, in my case I'm not planning on leaving/resigning/quitting my current job position. I'm planning on getting dual strings of income/multiple incomes. My question is how to best answer this question.
Again, my question is how to properly answer the job question: "why am i planning on leaving this company" if I want dual strings of income?
Thank you.

Likes scottdave
Physics news on Phys.org
Isn't there one proper answer, namely the truth?

Likes Dale
kuruman said:
Isn't there one proper answer, namely the truth?
I'm just wondering of a way to properly say that I'm looking for a second source of income on Indeed.com or other job boards/applications. Thank you.

"I'm looking for more of a challenge" might be suitably ambiguous. You can always explain at interview or change your mind and keep both jobs (assuming both companies are happy with that).

How about "exploring another area as a possibility for growth in a different direction"?

Related to (Job searching) How would I answer this question on a job application?

1. What are your strengths and weaknesses?

My strengths include being detail-oriented, organized, and a strong communicator. However, I am constantly working on improving my time-management skills.

2. What relevant experience do you have for this position?

I have experience in [specific relevant experience] which has allowed me to develop [key skills or knowledge]. Additionally, I have [other relevant experience] which has given me a strong understanding of [relevant topic or industry].

3. Why do you want to work for our company?

I am impressed by the company's mission and values, as well as the opportunities for growth and development within the organization. I also admire the company's successful track record and would be honored to contribute to its continued success.

4. How do you handle difficult situations or conflicts?

I believe in open communication and actively listening to all parties involved in order to find a solution that benefits everyone. I also have experience in conflict resolution and am able to remain calm and professional in high-pressure situations.

5. What sets you apart from other candidates?

I have a strong combination of relevant experience, skills, and knowledge that make me a well-rounded and capable candidate for this position. I am also highly motivated, adaptable, and have a strong work ethic, which I believe sets me apart from others.