World's Smallest Political Quiz

• News
  • Thread starter kat
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quiz
In summary, according to the World's Smallest Political Quiz, the participants' political philosophies ranged from libertarian to centrist, with most falling into the left-liberal category. These individuals value individual responsibility and diversity, but also believe in government intervention for the sake of fairness and as a check on excessive liberty. The quiz also brought up the topic of incest and the debate over government regulation on sex for consenting adults. Overall, the results show a trend towards left-leaning ideologies, despite many governments being more right-leaning in practice.
kat
Take the World's Smallest Political Quiz

Evidently (and I would agree) "According to your answers, your political philosophy is on the border of left-liberal and libertarian.

My Personal Self-Government Score is 90%.
My Economic Self-Government Score is 50%.

Physics news on Phys.org
According to your answers, your political philosophy is libertarian.

Libertarians are self-governors in both personal and economic matters. They believe government's only purpose is to protect people from coercion and violence. They value individual responsibility, and tolerate economic and social diversity.

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 100%.
Your Economic Self-Government Score is 60%.

Yeah, pretty much on target.

I score centrist, which makes perfect sense.
According to your answers, your political philosophy is centrist.
Centrist
Centrists favor selective government intervention and emphasize practical solutions to current problems. They tend to keep an open mind on new issues. Many centrists feel that government serves as a check on excessive liberty.

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 70%.
Your Economic Self-Government Score is 40%.

What does the question "Repeal regulations on sex for consenting adults" mean? As the quiz is US-based, I guess it's something about homosexuals, but maybe it refers to incest?

Originally posted by Nereid
What does the question "Repeal regulations on sex for consenting adults" mean? As the quiz is US-based, I guess it's something about homosexuals, but maybe it refers to incest?

I assumed homosexuals as well as laws against adultry, prostitution and certain types of sex between consenting adults. For example striking sodomy laws.

Do consenting adults ever really engage in incest?

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 80%.

Do consenting adults ever really engage in incest?

Where do you think Alabama got its state motto from?

"Alabama: Keepin' it in the family since 1815"

Seriously, as taboo as it sounds, yes, some consenting people actually do engage in incest (but if I remember the text correctly, it's because of how individiuals define "incest").

Apparently I am Left-Liberal :)

Prefers self-government in personal matters and central decision-making on economics. Wants government to serve the disadvantaged in the name of fairness. Leftists tolerate social diversity, but work for economic equality.

Originally posted by kat
I assumed homosexuals as well as laws against adultry, prostitution and certain types of sex between consenting adults. For example striking sodomy laws.
Adultery and prostitution are illegal in the US??

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 100%.

Grade: Left-Liberal

Apparently I'm 40-40 centrist. I found the questions hard to answer, I wanted clarifications. I guess that's what you get with a short quiz, I wouldn't have taken it if it were long.

Adultery and prostitution are illegal in the US??

so you found out too late or what?

ME: Centrist
Centrists favor selective government intervention and emphasize practical solutions to current problems. They tend to keep an open mind on new issues. Many centrists feel that government serves as a check on excessive liberty.

Yeah, your coice is Free Trade or Tariffs? How about ethical trade?

WOOHOO!

I'm a left-liberal - that's a good thing right?

BTW intersting to note that most people are leftist or leaning towards the left. MAkes you think eh? Especially since so many of the govts. of strong world powers are somewhat right leaning!

[?]

1. What is the World's Smallest Political Quiz?

The World's Smallest Political Quiz is a self-assessment tool that measures political attitudes and beliefs according to a two-dimensional model of political ideology. It was created by the libertarian advocacy group Advocates for Self-Government in 1987.

2. How does the quiz work?

The quiz consists of 10 questions, with five questions related to economic issues and five questions related to personal/social issues. Each question has two possible responses, and users must choose the one that best reflects their beliefs. The quiz then plots the user's political ideology on a four-quadrant grid.

3. What do the four quadrants on the grid represent?

The four quadrants on the grid represent different political ideologies. The top-left quadrant represents libertarianism, the top-right represents liberalism, the bottom-left represents conservatism, and the bottom-right represents populism.

4. Is the quiz biased towards a particular political ideology?

No, the quiz is designed to be neutral and nonpartisan. It is based on the Nolan Chart, which was created by libertarian activist David Nolan, and it includes questions from a variety of political perspectives.

5. What is the purpose of the quiz?

The purpose of the quiz is to help individuals better understand their own political beliefs and to encourage discussion and dialogue about different political ideologies. It can also be used as a tool for political education and to promote critical thinking about political issues.