Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

It's my turn...

chisigma

Feb 13, 2012
My name is Carlo Sabatini and I was born 'only' some year ago in a small town of the North Italy and in a little more large town of the North Italy I obtained the degree in Electronic Engineering. After two years spent in the Army in the sector of air defence, I joined a private telecommunication factory and in the successive years I operated in almost all the sectors of telephony and networks. My most significant realization is probably the involvement to the 'Working Party II', the team of experts that has developed the GSM mobile telephone system, a powerful tool to connecting people of course, but also a powerful tool to localize and spy people (Thinking)... now I'm 'retired' and I have transferred my residence from North Italy to Beograd [Serbia] with the scope to promote 'friendship and cooperation' between Italy and Serbia.

In my point of view Mathematics is ever been both an incomparable tool of work and an incomparable passion. Other interests I have are Johann Sebastian Bach's Music, chess [national chess master in Italy...], naval history and historic research...

Kind regards

$\chi$ $\sigma$

Alexmahone

Jan 26, 2012
chess [national chess master in Italy...]
I just looked you up on FIDE and saw that you have a rating of 2022 -- awesome! I have a rating of 1640; maybe we could play sometime.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I am somewhere around your rating. I would love to have a MHB chess tournament or just have us play against each other somehow. We have chess in our arcade now but I think I can find a better one. Interested?

Alexmahone

Jan 26, 2012
I am somewhere around your rating. I would love to have a MHB chess tournament or just have us play against each other somehow. We have chess in our arcade now but I think I can find a better one. Interested?
Sure, let me know when you're ready. (FYI, I have an ICC account.)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Sure, let me know when you're ready. (FYI, I have an ICC account.)
I'm not signed up there but will do it soon if you prefer that site to play on. We're finishing up getting everything set for the first problem of the week. I'll stop derailing this thread and move to PMing you about setting up a game :)

@chisigma - I would love to hear more about your chess history.

chisigma

Feb 13, 2012
I'm afraid that my 'chess history' doesn't have anything of 'mythic'. I learned to play chess from my father who started to play when he was war prisoner in India during the II World War. I played my first tournament when I was fifteen and were able to win but other my interests prevailed for a long time. Alternating practice and study [that's my approach for everything...] however I gradually improved myself till to arrive to become master in Italy... that is not the same as master in Russia of course (Wasntme)...

Now my age doesn't allow me to compete against young well prepared players but I consider Your idea to introduce a chess section in MHB very good and in that case I can assume the role of 'analyzer' and/or 'commentator'...

Kind regards

$\chi$ $\sigma$