Conflicted Feelings: Moving On from High School

In summary, moving on from high school can be a time of conflicting emotions for many individuals. While it marks the end of a significant chapter in one's life, it also brings about the excitement and uncertainty of new beginnings. The nostalgia for the past and the fear of the future can create a sense of conflict within oneself. However, it is important to embrace these conflicting feelings and use them as motivation to grow and move forward. Whether it is pursuing higher education, starting a career, or exploring new opportunities, the process of moving on from high school is a natural and necessary part of life.
well that was a fun 8 page thread, and it had a happy ending, maybe not for all of you, but for someone who needs to see others fail to become more pompus it's one of the greatest endings ever,

and i am in agreeance with the above post you need to pimp, or talk to someone who knows her freinds so you can know what she's thinking. Or spy on her

Physics news on Phys.org
No, don't do any of those things, those are the worst possible things to do.

forget about her in ten years it won't matter if you went out or not or if she even liked you personly i don't care about other people they will just stab you in the back sooner or later I am not trying to be rude but that's my personal oppion

Group dates with a girl you're wooing is a no-no, why? It's hard to get a clear read on her when she's with other people and one of the people in the group may also like her so you just brought a competition with you.
Just keep the date one on one.

Originally posted by The_Professional
Group dates with a girl you're wooing is a no-no, why? It's hard to get a clear read on her when she's with other people and one of the people in the group may also like her so you just brought a competition with you.
Just keep the date one on one.

In a group date I would bring a Junior or Senior "couple", or hopefully "couple." I have a senior friend who wants to go out with another senior, who appeared to be very close friends with the girl I like; and maybe out of coincidence,... the senior friend of mine is also a very very close friend.

Now I actually understand the feeling of getting rejected; I feel very proud of myself bearing the sadness of getting rejected.

Now that you know you can deal with the pain of rejection, you know that you can be more brave and upfront in the future when it comes to chasing a potential love interest.

Right? :smile:

Originally posted by hypnagogue
Now that you know you can deal with the pain of rejection, you know that you can be more brave and upfront in the future when it comes to chasing a potential love interest.

Right? :smile:

I only love her.

After keep thinking about her... I want to suicide now. [b(] :frown:

Are you serious? If you are you need to talk to a parent or a doctor. If not don't joke about suicide, it's not funny.

Originally posted by rick1138
Are you serious? If you are you need to talk to a parent or a doctor. If not don't joke about suicide, it's not funny.

Wait a damn minute,... after thinking, I think I actually have a 2nd ROUND to play!

I'm going to buy her some more chocolates on monday.

And that is when you find out she's allergic to chocolate and she hates your guts because you're so mean!

The best thing to do at this point is to back off for a while.

When you bought more gifts, you unconsciously perceived that she's backing away from you and you're losing her. It is a desperate move. So buying her more gifts is not going to help your cause. As mentioned previously, back away from her, give her some space.

Last edited:
OK, here's the deal:

On Monday, she and another friend of hers would be sitting at a booth selling chocolates, the buyer would have to pay and fill out a small "flower card."

Should I buy her 2 boxes, or buy 1 for her, 1 for another friend of hers, or 2 boxes for some other girl??(could be her friends).

I'd say go and buy some chocolates from her, but play it easy and just be nice.

Originally posted by Monique
I'd say go and buy some chocolates from her, but play it easy and just be nice.

Pray for me

Should I still show up in her club? I really don't want to "bother" her if she prefer me to be unseen. Even though she didn't say that, but I felt like she refused me from what her friend told me.

I wrote a letter to her today, after purchasing candy:

"I can't stop thinking about you, every second without you in my mind is like a living hell. However, having learned that you are in the pursue of another man's heart just last night from a friend of yours, I shall not steal another man's heart. May the best wishes to you and that man. This may be my last letter to you. Farewell."

Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
Should I still show up in her club? I really don't want to "bother" her if she prefer me to be unseen. Even though she didn't say that, but I felt like she refused me from what her friend told me.

I wrote a letter to her today, after purchasing candy:

"I can't stop thinking about you, every second without you in my mind is like a living hell. However, having learned that you are in the pursue of another man's heart just last night from a friend of yours, I shall not steal another man's heart. May the best wishes to you and that man. This may be my last letter to you. Farewell."
Prudens,
I’d like to know how this whole drawn out affair has gone from her showing all kinds of interest in you, even asking you over to her house, to what you’re doing now?

I’m not even going to rip into you because I believe you really do need to continue making mistakes until you have made enough of them to learn a few things about the opposite sex. Now, are you ready for my plan yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by BoulderHead
Prudens,
I’d like to know this whole drawn out affair has gone from her showing all kinds of interest in you, even asking you over to her house, to what you’re doing now?

I’m not even going to rip into you because I believe you really do need to continue making mistakes until you have made enough of them to learn a few things about the opposite sex. Now, are you ready for my plan yet?

What's your plan, chief?

Prudens, the letter, the candy, and the spying, are the worst possible things you can do at this point. Don't ever ask a girl's friend for information about her, because her friend will always tell the girl about you asking, and will edit the conversation, usually in a way that you will not like. As I said before, you need to back off .

Prudens, the letter, the candy, and the spying, are the worst possible things you can do at this point. Don't ever ask a girl's friend for information about her, because her friend will always tell the girl about you asking, and will edit the conversation, usually in a way that you will not like. As I said before, you need to back off .

Back off? What do you mean? Avoid her? Keep distance?

Exactly. Don't pursue her. Don't be rude, but ignore her for a while.

Socialize with other girls as well.

Exactly. Don't pursue her. Don't be rude, but ignore her for a while.
Don't ignore her, since that would be rude and shows a bad temper. Just be easy, smile at her but don't hang on her lip.

I can't stop thinking about you, every second without you in my mind is like a living hell. However, having learned that you are in the pursue of another man's heart just last night from a friend of yours, I shall not steal another man's heart. May the best wishes to you and that man. This may be my last letter to you. Farewell
Very bad idea, you have not had an intimate discussion yet about your feelings so there is no reason to give her permission to look at other guys. Don't even think about giving this to her, since it will only do damage.

It is good though to get your feelings out, it is good that you wrote this down to vent your heart. Pretend you write it to her, but keep it to yourself.

OK, it appeared that I was assuming too much; today I walk passed her without notice, she said "hi tom" and i think her face turned red like apple,... and i smiled.

But another thing is I sent another box of chocolate yesterday to a Polish girl I really like, and I think she likes me, because... weird, she moved to sit next to me(do I have powers to attract girls in class rooms to move next to me or what? didn't mean to offend guys out there)

and today I got a card from her that she made really urgently in a computer class.

"Sorry for the cheesy card, I made in Computer class. Thanks for the candy. - Love Renee"

The card wasn't bad at all, it was very good.

I don't know if she likes me or not, not really sure, but she act like it. Can you tell from the card?

Well you are starting to learn some of the basic postulates of chasing women:

1. The behavior of women is less predictable than that of a quantum particle. One minute you are a god, the next, a stalker.
2. Whenever you stop thinking about a girl, that is when she starts thinking about you.

do I have powers to attract girls in class rooms to move next to me or what?

Yes, everyone has this power - this power is what created you. You have always had this power, you are now only becoming aware of it.

"Sorry for the cheesy card, I made in Computer class. Thanks for the candy. - Love Renee"

I don't know if she likes me or not, not really sure, but she act like it. Can you tell from the card?

Dude, what does this say? - "Love Renee" Does it have to be spelled out in a more obvious fashion?

If she didn't like you, why go through the trouble of making you the card?

The question is, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ASK HER OUT?

Originally posted by The_Professional
The question is, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ASK HER OUT?

Hopefully not 25 pages latter :wink:

It's going to take at least 25 pages to decide which one to ask out. :smile:

Originally posted by Hurkyl
It's going to take at least 25 pages to decide which one to ask out. :smile:

(do I have powers to attract girls in class rooms to move next to me or what? didn't mean to offend guys out there)
She may have knowledge that you have shown an interest in the opposite sex lately and would like to be considered. Don't let it go to your head, Monique has given you a lot of good advise that I agree with. Best of all, it is coming from a female so you need to pay attention.

Originally posted by BoulderHead

She may have knowledge that you have shown an interest in the opposite sex lately and would like to be considered. Don't let it go to your head, Monique has given you a lot of good advise that I agree with. Best of all, it is coming from a female so you need to pay attention.

Don't let it go in my head? You mean don't ask her out?

Don't let it go in my head? You mean don't ask her out?
I mean don't start thinking you have a magic powers over women.

ok Prudens...is Renee the polish girl or the girl you liked originally? I'm sorry to say but you are your own worst enemy. Choose who you want but DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! no point in wasting time.

<h2>1. What are conflicted feelings?</h2><p>Conflicted feelings refer to experiencing two or more conflicting emotions at the same time. This can often lead to confusion, uncertainty, and difficulty in making decisions.</p><h2>2. Why do high school students experience conflicted feelings when moving on?</h2><p>High school students are at a transitional stage in their lives, where they are leaving behind the familiar and entering into the unknown. This can trigger a range of emotions such as excitement, fear, sadness, and anxiety, leading to conflicted feelings.</p><h2>3. How can one cope with conflicted feelings when moving on from high school?</h2><p>It is important to acknowledge and accept your conflicted feelings. Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, about your emotions. Engage in self-care activities, such as exercise, journaling, or meditation, to help manage your emotions. Seek support from a therapist if needed.</p><h2>4. Is it normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school?</h2><p>Yes, it is completely normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school. It is a significant milestone in one's life, and it is natural to experience a range of emotions during this transition.</p><h2>5. How long do conflicted feelings about moving on from high school last?</h2><p>The duration of conflicted feelings can vary for each individual. It depends on the person's coping mechanisms, support system, and the significance of the transition. It is essential to give yourself time and be patient with your emotions.</p>

1. What are conflicted feelings?

Conflicted feelings refer to experiencing two or more conflicting emotions at the same time. This can often lead to confusion, uncertainty, and difficulty in making decisions.

2. Why do high school students experience conflicted feelings when moving on?

High school students are at a transitional stage in their lives, where they are leaving behind the familiar and entering into the unknown. This can trigger a range of emotions such as excitement, fear, sadness, and anxiety, leading to conflicted feelings.

3. How can one cope with conflicted feelings when moving on from high school?

It is important to acknowledge and accept your conflicted feelings. Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, about your emotions. Engage in self-care activities, such as exercise, journaling, or meditation, to help manage your emotions. Seek support from a therapist if needed.

4. Is it normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school?

Yes, it is completely normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school. It is a significant milestone in one's life, and it is natural to experience a range of emotions during this transition.

5. How long do conflicted feelings about moving on from high school last?

The duration of conflicted feelings can vary for each individual. It depends on the person's coping mechanisms, support system, and the significance of the transition. It is essential to give yourself time and be patient with your emotions.