Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Isn't MHB Mathblog a Great Way to Help MHB Grow?

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
In all my time as a MHB member, I never realized that MHB has a math blog. I also found out that the blog is rather inactive. My question is that the mathblog seems like a great way to publicize MHB. If we can publish one good math article on a weekly basis then soon people will start noticing. Suggestions? Comments?

Euge

MHB Global Moderator
Staff member
Jun 20, 2014
You could write something about the research you're doing. Without delving too deeply into the details of your work, you could give a little survey of your field and any interesting theorems or unsolved problems you've come across.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
It would be a great way. The issue has always been... authors. No one person has enough time to maintain that blog, but if enough people were to write for it, I think it could get off the ground.

The real way to make a blog take off, though, is to go visit and comment on other blogs. Then you get trackbacks, and people find your blog.

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
It would be a great way. The issue has always been... authors. No one person has enough time to maintain that blog, but if enough people were to write for it, I think it could get off the ground.

The real way to make a blog take off, though, is to go visit and comment on other blogs. Then you get trackbacks, and people find your blog.
May be we can start taking submissions for blog posts. As for commenting on other blogs, that is a more difficult problem.