Is This Crackpot Ad Reporting Website Legitimate?

• Thread starter G01
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around a crackpot ad for a website called quantum jumping, which promotes the idea of using the power of the subconscious mind to achieve success. Some members found it interesting and cool, while others dismissed it as a scam. One member joked that clicking on the ad would help pay for the upkeep of the forum. The conversation ended with a humorous reference to the movie "Back to the Future."
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow! That is so cool. Kind like at a seminar Brian Greene said that according to *what ever* we could just walk through the wall in back of him to the reception. But we might get there faster going around the wall.

Last edited:
DanP said:
Sorry man. Adds are never crackpot. If it seles your product, its genius :P Ppl who buy those products are crackpots:P
:biggrin:

G01 said:
Hi all. Saw a crackpot ad for this website right before I logged in.

And you clicked? Good. This way crackpots pay for PF upkeep :biggrin:

Borek said:
And you clicked? Good. This way crackpots pay for PF upkeep :biggrin:

Sometimes, I just need a laugh...:smile:

G01 said:
Sometimes, I just need a laugh...:smile:

Then check out the linked site too. It's rather... stupifying.

"Great Scott! I need 9.5 jigawatts to use this thing!"

Related to Is This Crackpot Ad Reporting Website Legitimate?

1. What is "Crackpot Ad Reporting"?

"Crackpot Ad Reporting" is a term used to describe the reporting of false or misleading information in advertisements, particularly in the scientific community.

2. Why is "Crackpot Ad Reporting" a concern for scientists?

Scientists rely on accurate and reliable information to make informed decisions and advancements in their field. "Crackpot Ad Reporting" can lead to confusion and hinder progress in scientific research.

3. How can scientists identify "Crackpot Ad Reporting"?

One way to identify "Crackpot Ad Reporting" is to look for claims that are not supported by scientific evidence or studies. Another red flag is the use of sensational language and exaggerated claims.

4. What can scientists do to combat "Crackpot Ad Reporting"?

Scientists can combat "Crackpot Ad Reporting" by promoting and sharing accurate and reliable information, and by educating the public about how to identify and critically evaluate scientific claims.

5. Is "Crackpot Ad Reporting" a new issue?

No, "Crackpot Ad Reporting" has been a concern for scientists for a long time. However, with the rise of social media and the spread of misinformation, it has become an even bigger issue in recent years.