Is This Artist's Use of Programming in Light Sculptures Revolutionary?

In summary, the conversation is about a video of an artist named Leo Villereal who programs lightings to create sculptures. The person sharing the video found it interesting and wanted to know others' thoughts about it and was planning to write a blog post about it. They also shared a link to Villereal's specific works and discussed their favorite one, the type of lights used, and its effect.
karankanodia
I found this video of an Artist who is programming lightings to make sculpture. Thought this would interest some of you.
Go to Leo Villereal's http://www.nga.gov/podcasts/NGAMedia.shtm" .

WOuld be very helpful to know what you guys think.

I wish to write a blog post around it.

Thanks,
Karan Kanodia

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
karankanodia said:
I found this video of an Artist who is programming lightings to make sculpture. Thought this would interest some of you.
Go to Leo Villereal's http://www.nga.gov/podcasts/NGAMedia.shtm" .

WOuld be very helpful to know what you guys think.

I wish to write a blog post around it.

Thanks,
Karan Kanodia

Welcome to the PF.

Is there some way to fast forward through it? I'm not interested in the long speaking part -- just in seeing the art. Thanks.

Here is the link to his specific works- http://www.villareal.net/projects.html

Would love to hear what you think about it.

karankanodia said:
Here is the link to his specific works- http://www.villareal.net/projects.html

Would love to hear what you think about it.

Thanks for the link. Which is your favorite? Do you know what kind of lights he uses? Some look too big to be LEDs.

I like the Multiverse one which is at the National Gallery of Art in NY. It seems like you are in space walking with shooting stars. From what I know, all his lights are LEDs but I could be wrong.

Related to Is This Artist's Use of Programming in Light Sculptures Revolutionary?

1. What is an Electrical Engineer Artist?

An Electrical Engineer Artist is a person who combines their knowledge and skills in electrical engineering with artistic creativity to design and create unique and innovative works of art.

2. What kind of education is required to become an Electrical Engineer Artist?

Typically, an Electrical Engineer Artist would need to have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field. Additionally, they may also have a background in art or design through courses or self-study.

3. What skills are necessary to be a successful Electrical Engineer Artist?

An Electrical Engineer Artist should have a strong foundation in electrical engineering principles and techniques, as well as a creative and artistic mindset. They should also have good problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.

4. What kind of projects can an Electrical Engineer Artist work on?

An Electrical Engineer Artist can work on a wide range of projects, including interactive installations, kinetic sculptures, LED displays, and electronic music instruments. They can also collaborate with other artists or engineers on projects that require a combination of technical and creative expertise.

5. What are some examples of successful Electrical Engineer Artists or their works?

Some well-known examples of Electrical Engineer Artists include Daan Roosegaarde, who creates large-scale interactive installations using technology and light, and Moritz Waldemeyer, who designs and creates LED costumes for performances and events. Other notable works include the Kinetic Rain sculpture at Changi Airport in Singapore and the Musical Tesla Coils by ArcAttack.