Is There an Error in Converting I2 from Phasor to Time Domain?

In summary, the conversation is discussing converting currents from phasor to time domain with a given angular frequency of ω=4. The speaker is unsure about how the lecturer obtained a certain current value, I2, and questions if it is an error in the notes. The speaker also provides their own analysis and suggests a possible correction to the given value.
Evales
So we're converting these currents from phasor to time domain with ω=4.

I understand I1, but not how the lecturer got I2, is this an error with the notes?

We have these phasors:
xKnOJ.png

Which are converted to this time domain (respectively):
oF3SU.png

Any help is much appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm. I2 doesn't look correct to me for a couple of reasons. First, if the angle had been adjusted by adding 360°, giving -160.6 + 360 = 199.4°, then the result should show it as a positive phase angle, not negative. Second, the convention is to specify phase angles in the range +/- 180°, and 199.4° falls outside this range.

Check I2. Possibly it was given as 3.254 ∠160.6°
and lecturer is converting all angles to lagging.

Related to Is There an Error in Converting I2 from Phasor to Time Domain?

1. What should I do if I am confused by my lecture notes on electrical concepts?

If you are confused by your lecture notes on electrical concepts, the first thing you should do is reach out to your professor or teaching assistant for clarification. They are there to help you understand the material and can provide additional resources or explanations.

2. How can I better understand complex electrical concepts from my lecture notes?

One way to better understand complex electrical concepts from your lecture notes is to break them down into smaller, more manageable parts. Try to identify the key terms and definitions, and make connections between them. Additionally, practicing problems and applying the concepts can help solidify your understanding.

3. What resources can I use to supplement my lecture notes on electrical topics?

There are many resources available to supplement your lecture notes on electrical topics. Some options include textbooks, online tutorials or videos, practice problems, and study groups. It is important to find the resources that work best for you and your learning style.

4. How can I organize my lecture notes on electrical concepts for better understanding?

One way to organize your lecture notes on electrical concepts is to create a study guide or summary sheet. This can help you condense the information and make connections between different topics. You can also use visual aids, such as diagrams or flowcharts, to help you better understand the material.

5. What should I do if I am still confused about the material after reviewing my lecture notes?

If you are still confused about the material after reviewing your lecture notes, don't hesitate to seek help from your professor or teaching assistant. They may be able to provide further explanations or direct you to additional resources. You can also consider forming a study group with your classmates to discuss the material and work through any confusion together.