Is There a Way to Download a Table Program for the TI-85?

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is struggling with using an old TI-85 calculator and is looking for a way to use the table function more efficiently. Another person suggests using the solver feature to input the formula and values for x to get the corresponding y values.
Feodalherren
Hi

Fist of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I'm on a limited budget here and trying to survive with an ancient TI-85. I was doing well until I started needing the table function, now it takes ages to rewrite a value for every x in long polynomials.
Does anyone know of any way to perhaps download a table program or any way to get around the problem for a TI-85?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Not quite sure what you actually need the table function for - can't you put your formula into the solver so you do something like

y=a+bx+cx2+dx3 etc, then enter your values for x to get y?

Related to Is There a Way to Download a Table Program for the TI-85?

1. Why doesn't my TI-85 have a Table function?

The TI-85 calculator does not have a built-in Table function because it was designed for use in high school and college mathematics courses where the focus is on algebra and graphing, rather than data analysis and creating tables.

2. Can I add a Table function to my TI-85?

No, the TI-85 does not have the capability to add additional functions or applications. It is a standalone calculator with a fixed set of functions.

3. How can I create a table on my TI-85 without the Table function?

You can manually enter data points and their corresponding values into lists and then use the graphing function to plot the points and create a table from the graph. Alternatively, you can use a computer or a different calculator with a Table function and manually transfer the data to your TI-85.

4. Is there a workaround for not having a Table function on my TI-85?

As mentioned before, you can manually create a table by entering data points into lists and using the graphing function. You can also use online graphing tools or other calculators that have a Table function to create your table and then manually transfer the data to your TI-85.

5. Are there any similar calculators to the TI-85 that have a Table function?

Yes, there are newer models of the TI calculator, such as the TI-84 and TI-Nspire, that have a Table function. Other brands of graphing calculators, such as Casio and HP, also have a Table function. However, keep in mind that the specific features and functions may vary between different calculator models and brands.