Is there a place to get physics calculations done and/or double checked?

• Thread starter edguy99
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses whether there is a platform on PhysicsForums or elsewhere where one can get physics calculations done and/or double checked. The conversation also mentions that many straightforward questions related to computer animations often come up, giving examples of such questions. The conversation concludes with a suggestion to use Craigslist to find someone to help with calculations.
edguy99
Gold Member
Is there a place on physicsforums or elsewhere to get physics calculations done and/or double checked?

When doing computer animations, many straight forward questions (homework level) often come up. Examples of the level of questions:

1/ What is the average speed of Oxygen2 molecules through our normal air at 20 degrees C
2/ Under Coulomb's law, how much energy (in evolts) is required to push an electron from the Bohr radius of a proton to infinity
or 3/ If the molecules of a hydrogen gas were traveling at one angstrom per femto second - what temperature is the hydrogen gas?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Unless I am missing something we discuss such things in the HW section.

Doesn't matter it is technically not a homework, just follow the rules and use the template to not get any warnings :smile:

I am just wondering if there is some way or online site to contact and/or hire "professionals" (students or otherwise) to get calculations done, kind of like a "angie's list" when looking for a plumber. One can do all the calculations themselves, but it saves a lot of time and significantly improves accuracy to get a "professional" involved in the calculations.

Regards,

Maybe try Craigslist?

Such a service would probably target students looking to get their homework done for them.

Likes ISamson and Tom.G

Related to Is there a place to get physics calculations done and/or double checked?

1. How can I find a reliable place to get my physics calculations double checked?

One way to find a reliable place is to ask for recommendations from fellow scientists or professors who have experience with similar calculations. You can also search for reputable scientific consulting companies or academic institutions that offer physics calculation services.

2. What qualifications should I look for in a place that offers physics calculations?

Look for a place with experienced and knowledgeable physicists or engineers who have a strong background in the specific field of physics you need assistance with. You should also consider their reputation, customer reviews, and reliability in delivering accurate results.

3. What types of physics calculations can be done by these places?

Most places that offer physics calculations can assist with a wide range of calculations, including but not limited to mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and relativity. They may also offer assistance with data analysis and simulations.

4. How long does it typically take to get physics calculations done?

The time it takes to complete physics calculations will vary depending on the complexity of the problem and the availability of the place. Some simple calculations may be completed within a few hours, while more complex calculations may take several days or weeks.

5. What should I do if I find errors in the calculations provided by a place?

If you find errors in the calculations, it is important to communicate with the place as soon as possible. They may offer to recheck their work or provide a revised report. It is also important to review their policies and procedures for handling mistakes and ensure they have a quality control process in place.