Is there a mechanical way of increasing angular movement?

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding a mechanical solution for having point C move twice the degree of angular movement as point B when both are connected to point A. Suggestions include increasing the centripetal acceleration at point C or using an epicyclic gear system. The idea of a simple gear joint is also mentioned, with the relation DAC = 2DAB being key. The conversation also explores the possibility of using a "cam-type" linkage or a mechanical link to a secondary pivot point.
Model12
(A) being a common pivot point for (B) and (C). In relationship to (A), I would like to have (C) move twice the DEGREE OF ANGULAR movement as (B).

Any suggestions or thoughts on how I might accomplish this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Engineering news on Phys.org
I believe that if you increase the centripetal acceleration at point C then it will move at a higher angular velocity.
someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

How about an epicyclic gear system? A is the centre of the sun gear, B is the centre of a planet gear, and C a point on an annular ring gear running on the planets?

You just described a simple gear joint. Just keep the relation DAC = 2DAB

Thanks for the suggestions. While I understand the concept, I'm looking for a mechanical method of rotating (C) twice that of (B) when both are connected to (A). Wondering if I need to consider some sort of a "cam-type" linkage or, possibly, a mechanical link to a secondary pivot point?

Thanks again..

Related to Is there a mechanical way of increasing angular movement?

1. What is angular movement?

Angular movement refers to the rotation or spinning of an object around a fixed point, also known as an axis. This type of movement is measured in degrees or radians and is commonly seen in mechanical systems such as gears and pulleys.

2. Why would someone want to increase angular movement?

Increasing angular movement can be beneficial in various applications, such as improving the speed or torque of a rotating object. It can also help in achieving a specific angle or position more efficiently.

3. Is there a mechanical way to increase angular movement?

Yes, there are several mechanical methods for increasing angular movement. Some examples include using a larger gear in a gear train, adding more pulleys in a pulley system, or using a lever to increase the force applied to a rotating object.

4. Are there any limitations to increasing angular movement mechanically?

Yes, there are limitations to consider when trying to increase angular movement mechanically. These include the maximum torque or force that the system can handle, as well as the precision and accuracy needed for the desired movement.

5. Can increasing angular movement affect the stability of a system?

Yes, increasing angular movement can affect the stability of a system. For example, adding more pulleys to a pulley system can decrease the stability and increase the risk of the system slipping or breaking. It is important to carefully consider the design and components of a system when trying to increase angular movement.