Is there a C++ compiler for TI-84 calculators?

In summary, the conversation discusses the desire to create a program/database that can perform various tasks such as calculations and conversions. The person is currently learning C++ and wonders if there is a C++ compiler available for TI-84 calculators. Another person suggests checking a website for more information and mentions the possibility of using BASIC on the TI calculators. The conversation ends with a question about converting code.
Lancelot59
Hello PF! I want to create a program/database that is capable of doing everything that I need it to, calculations, conversions etc.

I'm currently learning C++ in school, and was wondering if there was a C++ compiler for TI-84 calculators. It would make it much easier for me to program, instead of having to learn assembly at the same time.

Technology news on Phys.org
Yeah, the TI version of BASIC. Is there anything that would convert the code?

Related to Is there a C++ compiler for TI-84 calculators?

1. What is a C++ compiler for a TI-84?

A C++ compiler for a TI-84 is a software program that translates and converts C++ code into machine language that can be executed by a TI-84 calculator. It allows users to write and run C++ programs on their calculator.

2. Why would I need a C++ compiler for a TI-84?

A C++ compiler for a TI-84 is useful for students or individuals who want to learn or practice programming in C++, as well as for those who want to use their calculator for more advanced tasks and applications.

3. How do I install a C++ compiler for my TI-84 calculator?

The process of installing a C++ compiler for a TI-84 may vary depending on the specific compiler you choose. Generally, it involves downloading the compiler software onto your computer, connecting your calculator to your computer, and transferring the compiler to your calculator through a USB cable or linking software.

4. What are the limitations of using a C++ compiler on a TI-84?

One limitation of using a C++ compiler on a TI-84 is the limited memory and processing power of the calculator. This may restrict the size and complexity of programs that can be run on the calculator. Additionally, not all C++ libraries and functions may be supported by the calculator's operating system.

5. Are there any free C++ compilers available for the TI-84?

Yes, there are some free C++ compilers available for the TI-84, such as TIGCC and Cn2TI. However, some may require a license or donation for full access and features. It is important to research and compare different compilers to find the best fit for your needs.