Is the University of Sydney Good for Mechatronics and Physics?

• Thread starter cosmon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses different opportunities for higher education, particularly in the fields of engineering and physics. The University of Sydney in Australia offers a combined program in both fields, while Lock Haven University and Penn State University in Pennsylvania offer a 3-2 Engineering Degree program where students can earn two Bachelor's degrees in five years. One participant in the conversation is currently a freshman at LHU majoring in Computer Science and plans to change to a dual major in CompSci and Physics.
cosmon
Big plans for Aussie land !

Hello everybody...

My name is Armando, I live in Mexico an currently about to finish my last year in Highschool ( 6 months left )...

Under my research for colleges and universities through out the world, I found that the University of Sydney, Australia offers just what I wanted... A combined program in Bachelor in Mechatronics Engineering and a Bachelor in Physics.

My parents are still not a 100% sure wether this is a good uni, or if its just crappy.

Any info on this regards will be greatly appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
You might be interested in a program that my university (Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania) recently created in cooperation with Penn State University (also Pennsylvania).

They call it the 3-2 Engineering Degree. You basicly take 3 years of classes at Lock Haven University majoring in Physics and then you transfer to PSU for 2 years majoring in a Engineering field of your choice. You end up with 2 Bachelors degrees. Heres a list of the engineering fields available
http://www.lhup.edu/gp/physics/32_Engineering_Fields.htm

And here's the Physics department homepage
http://www.lhup.edu/gp/physics/Physics_Main.htm

I'm currently a freshmen at LHU majoring in Computer Science. I plan changing to a dual major in CompSci and Physics after my Sophmore year.

If you have any questions about LHU feel free to ask.

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello Armando,

That sounds like an exciting opportunity for you to study in Australia! The University of Sydney is a highly reputable institution and their combined program in Mechatronics Engineering and Physics sounds like a great option. It's always important to do your own research and make sure it aligns with your interests and goals, but from what I've heard, the University of Sydney has a strong academic program and a vibrant student community. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors in Aussie land!

Related to Is the University of Sydney Good for Mechatronics and Physics?

1. What are the main goals of "Big plans for Aussie land"?

The main goals of "Big plans for Aussie land" are to improve the economy, promote sustainable development, and enhance the overall quality of life for Australians.

2. How will these plans impact the environment?

These plans have a strong focus on sustainable development, which means they aim to minimize negative impacts on the environment while promoting economic growth. This includes implementing green initiatives and regulations to protect natural resources.

3. Will these plans create new job opportunities?

Yes, "Big plans for Aussie land" includes initiatives to create new job opportunities in various industries, such as renewable energy, infrastructure development, and tourism.

4. What is the timeline for these plans to be implemented?

The timeline for implementation varies depending on the specific project or initiative. Some plans may have already been implemented, while others may have longer timelines for completion. Overall, the goal is to have all plans implemented within the next 5-10 years.

5. How will these plans be funded?

The funding for these plans will come from a combination of government investments, private sector investments, and partnerships with international organizations. A portion of the funding will also come from taxes and fees associated with the projects and initiatives.