Is The Seiberg-Witten Map Unique?

Therefore, it is not a valid Seiberg-Witten map and is missing the property of preserving commutation relations.
QFT25
From my understanding the Seiberg-Witten map is a way to convert a non-commutative field theory into a commutative field theory. For example for the commutative relation between positions [x,y]=i*n, the common SW map I see in the literature for non commutative quantum mechanics is

x-> x_{c}-(1/2)*n*p_{y}

y->y_{c}+(1/2)*n*p_{x}

Where [x_{c},y_{c}]=0 and [x^{j}_{c},p_{k}]=i krockner-delta^{j}_{k}

However the transformation

x-> x_{c}-n*p_{y}

y->y_{c}

Also satisfies [x,y]=i*n

Does this mean that
x->x_{c}−n*p_{y}
y->y_{c}
is also a valid Seiberg-Witten map? If it isn't, then what properties is this transformation missing?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
!No, this transformation is not a valid Seiberg-Witten map. The Seiberg-Witten map is a specific type of map between non-commutative and commutative theories, which preserves the commutation relations between the non-commutative fields. The transformation you have given does not satisfy this requirement, as [x,y] = 0 rather than i*n.

Related to Is The Seiberg-Witten Map Unique?

1. What is the Seiberg-Witten map?

The Seiberg-Witten map is a mathematical tool used in theoretical physics to relate two different descriptions of a physical system. It was introduced by physicists Nathan Seiberg and Edward Witten in the 1990s.

2. Why is the uniqueness of the Seiberg-Witten map important?

The uniqueness of the Seiberg-Witten map is important because it ensures that the two descriptions of the physical system are equivalent. If there were multiple maps that could relate the two descriptions, it would lead to inconsistencies and confusion in the understanding of the system.

3. How is the uniqueness of the Seiberg-Witten map proven?

The uniqueness of the Seiberg-Witten map is proven using mathematical techniques, such as gauge theory and differential geometry. These techniques allow for the rigorous mathematical proof of the map's uniqueness.

4. Are there any exceptions to the uniqueness of the Seiberg-Witten map?

There are some exceptions to the uniqueness of the Seiberg-Witten map, such as in certain non-perturbative regimes or when considering extended theories. However, in most cases, the map is unique and has been proven to be so.

5. What are the implications of the uniqueness of the Seiberg-Witten map?

The uniqueness of the Seiberg-Witten map has important implications for our understanding of physical systems, particularly in the field of quantum field theory. It allows for the development of new theories and calculations, and has been used to make predictions about the behavior of particles and fields in various physical systems.