G. Gordon Liddy: Still Making News After All These Years

• News
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    News Years
In summary, Liddy views the Watergate scandal as a part of a larger civil war where the laws are just "operatives". He believes that criminals always have a place in the right-wing media and that traitor Oliver North is pretty popular. He doesn't think that a person is dedicated to the preservation of their idea of America, or some personal cause, or they are dedicated to the true essence of this country: Constitutional law.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I can't believe this guy is still around.

http://www.liddyshow.us/

Tonight Tsu and I were watching a documentary about Watergate -Watergate: Legacy of Secrets - on Discovery Times. I saw this show once before but I had missed something that Liddy says during his interview. While head of the National re-elect Nixon campaign, at the Republican National Convention he had planned to kidnap some number of the protestors, presumably the leaders, drug them, take them to Mexico, and let them go. These are his words! Then they figured that the abductees would just think they had a bad [drug] trip.

He viewed the election as part of a greater civil war; where the laws were just “operatives”.

Edit: Almost forgot, it looks like we might get to hear the missing 18 minutes of Nixon's private tapes. Modern audio technology appears to make this possible.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I used to listen to his show. His delerium was quite entertaining at times. He would alternate between bragging about his illegal activites and denying them. Does he still claim Nixon never did anything illegal?

Njorl

I don't think he made any direct comments about Nixon's role. What amazes me is that he is utterly blind to the fact that he [Liddy] is a crook - even anti-American in principle. He really believed that to kidnap and drug political protestors is to serve his country . This is precisely why I found and find this crowd to be so scary. When I sat and listened to the Iran-Contra hearings I realized that these guys will never change.

I heard a stat in this show that I think is worth mentioning - especially for those too young to remember how big of deal this was. Before Watergate, about 2/3 of the US trusted its government. After Watergate, about 2/3 of the US did not trust their government. It was nothing like the joke called Monica-gate.

Last edited:
Criminals always have a place in the right-wing media. Traitor Oliver North is pretty popular too.

Zero said:
Traitor Oliver North

A patriot at heart; a traitor in fact.

I think that the distinction is that either a person is dedicated to the preservation of their idea of America, or some personal cause, or they are dedicated to the true essence of this country: Constitutional law.

lol. who enforces that? RW?

RW?

Care to elaborate?

What is "G. Gordon Liddy: Still Making News After All These Years"?

"G. Gordon Liddy: Still Making News After All These Years" is a book written by G. Gordon Liddy, an American lawyer, convicted felon, and radio show host. The book is a collection of essays and interviews that reflect on Liddy's life and career.

Who is G. Gordon Liddy?

G. Gordon Liddy is an American lawyer, convicted felon, and radio show host. He is best known for his involvement in the Watergate scandal during the presidency of Richard Nixon.

What is the main focus of "G. Gordon Liddy: Still Making News After All These Years"?

The main focus of the book is to provide readers with insight into Liddy's personal and professional life, including his views on politics, law, and media.

Why is G. Gordon Liddy still making news after all these years?

G. Gordon Liddy continues to make news because of his controversial past and his outspoken views on politics and current events. He is also a popular radio show host and frequently appears on television as a political commentator.

Is "G. Gordon Liddy: Still Making News After All These Years" a biased book?

As with any book written by an individual about their own life, "G. Gordon Liddy: Still Making News After All These Years" may contain biases. However, it also includes interviews and perspectives from others, providing a well-rounded view of Liddy's life and career.