Is the Nexus TDD-3000 Heatpipe Effective for Cooling Laptops?

In summary, the Nexus TDD-3000 Heatpipe is an effective cooling solution for laptops. It utilizes heatpipe technology to efficiently dissipate heat from the laptop's components, keeping them at a safe operating temperature. The compact design and quiet operation make it a convenient and practical choice for laptop users. However, it may not be suitable for high-performance laptops or heavy gaming use, as it may struggle to keep up with the intense heat generated by these devices. Overall, the Nexus TDD-3000 Heatpipe is a reliable and efficient option for cooling laptops.
Ebolamonk3y
http://www.nexustek.nl/tdd3000.htm

This product, which I currently have, claims that the heatpipe system can draw out the heat... well... As you can see on that site the heatpipe is at the worst places beacuse the center of the laptop is where it displaces most heat and where a few heatpipes should be...

I modded this by adding a few extra fans via USB. :)

But I don't know how those are working because my ACPI d4mn isn't updating my CPU temp. :( :(

Does this model physically work or does what it claims?

Anyone? Anyone? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
1. Bring two identical pots of water to a boil.

2. Remove pots from heat, wait a few minutes.

3. Place one pot on the laptop cooler, place the other one on whatever table you normally rest the laptop on.

4. Put a thermometer in each pot; record temperature versus time for several minutes.

5. If you're not interested in doing this yourself, find a middle school kid and get her to do it as a science fair project.

P

haha... I did that for the the cooler already... the heatsink part of it doesn't seem to disappate heat... Rather, the whole cooler heats up and the heatpipe gets hot... But it doesn't "move" anywhere...

If the pipe heats up, then it's increasing the surface area over which heat can dissipate into the cooler environment.

Now that I think about it, though, that pipe is not that large compared to the surface area of the laptop that's already getting fairly hot.

I still think you should compare two pots with thermometers (as opposed to qualitative 'it-still-feels-hot' measurements), but I don't think they'll be much of a difference.

The wicking-system might work, but it really needs a good radiator, maybe in the form of a mesh 'skirt' that hangs down over your knees when the machine sits on your lap.

P

Related to Is the Nexus TDD-3000 Heatpipe Effective for Cooling Laptops?

1. What are the minimum system requirements for this laptop?

The minimum system requirements for a laptop can vary depending on the specific model and intended use. Some common requirements include a minimum amount of RAM, storage space, and processor speed. It's best to check with the manufacturer or retailer for the specific requirements for the laptop you are interested in.

2. Can I upgrade the hardware on this laptop?

This depends on the specific laptop and what hardware you are looking to upgrade. Some laptops have easily accessible components like RAM and storage that can be upgraded, while others may have soldered or inaccessible components. It's important to check with the manufacturer for upgrade options before purchasing a laptop.

3. Will this laptop be able to run the latest software and programs?

The ability to run the latest software and programs depends on the laptop's hardware and specifications. It's important to check the system requirements for the specific software or program you are looking to use and compare it to the laptop's specifications. Upgrading hardware, such as RAM or storage, may also improve the laptop's ability to run newer software.

4. How long can I expect this laptop to last?

The lifespan of a laptop depends on several factors, including usage, maintenance, and hardware quality. On average, a laptop can last between 3-5 years, but this can vary significantly. Proper maintenance, such as keeping the laptop clean and avoiding extreme temperatures, can help prolong its lifespan.

5. Is this laptop suitable for gaming?

This depends on the laptop's hardware and specifications. Some laptops are specifically designed for gaming and have high-performance components, while others may not have the necessary hardware for optimal gaming. It's important to check the laptop's graphics card, processor, and RAM for gaming suitability.