Is the new update for the PF app a game changer?

• Thread starter vhbelvadi
  • Start date
In summary, the PF app for iOS has received a great update that improves its functionality and appearance. The developers have done a nice job. Users are also happy with the new accessibility to the Insights blog. Some users have also noticed a loss of the "subscribe" function but have found a way to specify threads they want to follow. There have been some issues with the unread stream and scrolling on mobile chrome, but these seem to have been resolved. There is some confusion about the updates stream and what updates it shows, as some users are seeing updates from threads they have not subscribed to.
vhbelvadi
For long I've felt the PF app (iOS, no idea about Android) was lacking. Today's update is great. Makes it work great and look great. Nice work, developers.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think the updates are nice too, enjoy! Love that Insights (blog) is easily accessible. Spread the word!

Likes vhbelvadi
vhbelvadi said:
For long I've felt the PF app (iOS, no idea about Android) was lacking. Today's update is great. Makes it work great and look great. Nice work, developers.
Greg Bernhardt said:
I think the updates are nice too, enjoy! Love that Insights (blog) is easily accessible. Spread the word!
I like the new iOS interface better as well. But my only complaint is that I seem to have lost my "subscribe" function. There are many threads that I don't feel competent to contribute to, but I still like to try to follow the discussion.
I'm sure there's a way to specify threads that I'd like keeps abreast of... but how?

Never mind. I found it. Thanks anyway.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
The star.

Edit: Is the unread stream broken? I don't understand what it shows: unread updates from my subscribed forums? Wouldn't that just be too much?

I'm not sure if this is related, but as of yesterday, I can no longer scroll in mobile chrome post text boxes. So I'd better get the post right the first time!

I get an error message with Android: Can't connect to the server, try again later.

russ_watters said:
I'm not sure if this is related, but as of yesterday, I can no longer scroll in mobile chrome post text boxes. So I'd better get the post right the first time!

Not related, but I will look into it :)

DrDu said:
I get an error message with Android: Can't connect to the server, try again later.

Anyone else on android?

Seems to work now. Thanks!

Can someone clarify the updates stream for me. What updates do I see there? It's not just from my subscriptions; I'm seeing updates from every single thread, so that's a lot and, if that is what it is, it makes the updates stream pretty useless.

vhbelvadi said:
Can someone clarify the updates stream for me. What updates do I see there? It's not just from my subscriptions; I'm seeing updates from every single thread, so that's a lot and, if that is what it is, it makes the updates stream pretty useless.
Are you somehow "watching" every thread?

Greg Bernhardt said:

Unlikely. I see updates, for example, from engineering, computer science homework and biology sections which I have never visited, let alone subscribed to. I'll visit my profile later on my Mac, check again and update here.

Greg Bernhardt said:

Update: Everything looks good. I'm not watching all threads, but I still get an overflowing updates stream.

What changes were made in the latest update to the PF app?

The latest update to the PF app includes a revamped user interface, improved workout tracking features, and new workout programs tailored to specific fitness goals.

How can I access the updated version of the PF app?

To access the updated version, simply go to your app store and search for "PF app". You should see an option to update the app if you already have it installed on your device.

Will my previous workout data be transferred to the updated app?

Yes, your previous workout data will be automatically transferred to the updated app. You will not lose any of your previous progress or information.

Are there any new features in the updated PF app?

Yes, the updated PF app includes new features such as a nutrition tracker, a community forum, and virtual coaching options. These features are designed to enhance your fitness journey and provide additional support.

Is the updated PF app compatible with all devices?

The updated PF app is compatible with most iOS and Android devices. However, it may not be available for older or less common devices. We recommend checking your app store for compatibility before updating.