Hello, new memeber, that needs help

• Thread starter Hessam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
In summary, Hessam, a 15-year-old with a passion for physics, is seeking advice on what to read and study in order to pursue this field in college. Members of the conversation suggest reading a variety of sources, including books, magazines, and the internet, to spark interest in different scientific fields. They also recommend hands-on activities such as playing with a gyroscope or building an electric motor. One particular book, "Surely you're joking Mr. Feynman" by Richard P. Feynman, is highly recommended. Others suggest "Thinking Physics" by Lewis Carrol Epstein and "Conceptual Physics" by Paul Hewitt. Finally, the conversation concludes by encouraging Hessam to use this website as a valuable resource
Hessam
Hello, my name is Hessam (self-evidently), i am 15 years old and have an ambition to study physics throughout my life. I have allready read a book on general physics, and one on einsteins theory of relativity, and because of my will to pursue this field, i wish to major in it when i go to college...
Now i was just wondering if anyone here had any advice on what to read, study, or what to do? i really don't have that much of an extensive knowledge of this field, so any help would be appreciated

Physics news on Phys.org
Read everything that relates to physics, magazines, book or the internet, they always help if only to get you interested in new scientific fields.

And you have come to the best place for help on physics and just about anything else for that matter.

"Beyond the horizon... of the land of magnets and miracles"
Pink Floyd. High Hopes. You're 15, and you like this stuff? Amazing.

I think physics comes not so much from books. What Floyd maybe want to say, is this: Have you ever played with a gyroscope? A levitron? Ever tried to build your own electric motor, telephone, or Van-der-Graaff? Ever fiddled with electricity in your own lab?

OK, you ask for books. I strongly recommend 'Surely you're joking Mr. Feynman' by Richard P. Feynman. That was an eye-opener to me...

Hessam, good luck on your journey into the land of...

This site is an excellent place to start.

Nautica

Look for a book called "Thinking Physics" by Lewis Carrol Epstein. If you're still interested in that then get a copy of "Conceptual Physics" by Paul Hewitt (you can get an older edition quite cheap). These books will help you learn important ideas in physics without getting lost in the math. Learn all the math you can before you get to college.

1. What is a memeber?

A member is someone who belongs to a group or organization, and in this context, it refers to a person who has recently joined a community or platform.

2. How can I get help as a new member?

There are several ways to get help as a new member. You can reach out to the community or platform's support team, ask for assistance from other members, or look for any available resources such as tutorials or FAQs.

3. What kind of help can I expect as a new member?

As a new member, you can expect help with any questions or concerns you may have about the community or platform. This can include technical support, guidance on how to use the platform, and assistance with becoming more involved in the community.

4. Is there a specific place I can go to for help?

Many communities and platforms have designated areas for members to seek help, such as a help center or forum. It's best to check with the community or platform's guidelines to see where you can go for help.

5. How can I become more involved in the community as a new member?

One way to become more involved in the community is to actively participate in discussions and activities. You can also reach out to other members and offer your help or join any groups or events that interest you.