Is the Electrostatic Motor Affected by Changes in Earth's Ionization?

In summary, the electrostatic field of the Earth is changing from day to night because of the ionization from solar rays. However, the motor would still run for most of the night if the potential difference between the metal plates and the electret was maintained.
mrchiller
Hello I wanted some feedback on the idea I have about this electrostatic motor. One thing not mentioned is that the electrostatic field of the Earth is changing from day to night because of the ionization from solar rays is stronger during the day. Yet I wonder if the motor would stilll run for most of the night.

Any thoughts about the other article I wrote "An Electromagnetic Generator System."?

The ideas are posted here:
http://mrchillersalternativeenergy.blogspot.com/

Engineering news on Phys.org
mrchiller said:
Hello I wanted some feedback on the idea I have about this electrostatic motor. One thing not mentioned is that the electrostatic field of the Earth is changing from day to night because of the ionization from solar rays is stronger during the day. Yet I wonder if the motor would stilll run for most of the night.

Any thoughts about the other article I wrote "An Electromagnetic Generator System."?

The ideas are posted here:
http://mrchillersalternativeenergy.blogspot.com/

What do you mean by "electrostatic field of the Earth"? Is it a static field at any given time? You can only get cyclic energy out of a changing field, not a static field. Otherwise we could extract energy from gravity in a cyclic way...

If we create a potential difference between a metal aerial and ground this creates a capacitor out of the sky. Then by putting a diode bridge cross the aerial to ground which outputs to the commutator, the AC signals of the sky in resonance with the aeirial to ground system would output DC. We can create electric repulsion of the electrets by switching this potential via a commutator to keep the torque.

This is why I simplified the forces as force of electret <--- qE = (B^2)/mu_not --->magnetic force. The magnetic force comes from magnetic pressure*A ~ F where A = area. Magnetic pressure = [(B^2)/2mu_not]. This might be more accurate if: F=qE then the magnetic equivalent must be (Phi)*H or (Volts-second)*(Amps/meter).

Look up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_pressure
This is used when describing induction effects so it represents in this case the displacement current that creates the opposing electric field between the electret and the metal plates.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_force
Also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faradays_law
where it talks about curlE = -dB/dt
then reference to this page and look at the radio wave diagram.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_waves
As you can see there is a Curl E per unit of time moving radially outward which creates -dB/dt in an aerial if in resonance. Because the electret is really a type of capacitor in itself so charge is transferred from the aerial via ~RF? AC energy to the electret motor.

Last edited:
mrchiller said:
If we create a potential difference between a metal aerial and ground this creates a capacitor out of the sky. Then by putting a diode bridge cross the aerial to ground which outputs to the commutator, the AC signals of the sky in resonance with the aeirial to ground system would output DC. We can create electric repulsion of the electrets by switching this potential via a commutator to keep the torque.

This is why I simplified the forces as force of electret <--- qE = (B^2)/mu_not --->magnetic force. The magnetic force comes from magnetic pressure ~ F/A where A = area. Magnetic pressure = [(B^2)/mu_not](A). This might be more accurate if: F=qE then the magnetic equivalent must be (Phi)*H or (Volts-second)*(Amps/meter).

From my quick Google search and reading, the E field looks to be largely static. Nothing to rectify.

You need to provide some links to credible articles that indicate otherwise, or this thread will be closed.

Related to Is the Electrostatic Motor Affected by Changes in Earth's Ionization?

1. How does an electrostatic motor work?

An electrostatic motor works by using the principles of electrostatics to create movement. It consists of two charged plates, one positive and one negative, and a rotor with a neutral charge. The electrostatic force between the plates causes the rotor to rotate. As the rotor rotates, the plates switch between positive and negative charges, continuously pushing and pulling the rotor to create motion.

2. What are the advantages of an electrostatic motor?

One advantage of an electrostatic motor is that it does not require any moving parts, making it more reliable and less prone to wear and tear. It also does not produce any electromagnetic interference, making it suitable for use in sensitive electronic equipment. Additionally, electrostatic motors can be more efficient and have a higher power-to-weight ratio compared to traditional motors.

3. How is an electrostatic motor different from an electromagnetic motor?

An electrostatic motor uses electric fields to create movement, while an electromagnetic motor uses magnetic fields. This means that an electrostatic motor does not require any coils or magnets, making it simpler in design. However, electromagnetic motors are more commonly used because they can generate more torque and are easier to control.

4. What are the applications of electrostatic motors?

Electrostatic motors have a wide range of applications, including in air purifiers, printers, and some types of robots. They are also used in precision scientific instruments, such as atomic force microscopes, because they do not produce any vibrations that could interfere with sensitive measurements.

5. Can electrostatic motors be used in renewable energy systems?

Yes, electrostatic motors can be used in renewable energy systems. They can be used to convert the kinetic energy of wind or water into electrical energy, similar to how traditional generators work. They can also be used in solar power systems to track the movement of the sun for maximum energy capture.