Who cares about the Matrix here comes the Animatrix

• Thread starter Jikx
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matrix
In summary, you can download the first 3 mini-episodes of The Animatrix for free. The back story and animation are very well done and it has gotten many positive reviews. The DVD is set to be released in May. Some people may be more excited for The Matrix 2, but overall The Animatrix is a great addition to the franchise. Critics may not always have the right opinion, so it's best to form your own.
Jikx
For those who have yet to see it yet, its fantastic! You can download the first 3 mini-episodes of the animatrix for free..

http://www.intothematrix.com/

This has me more excited than Matrix 2 :smile:, what you guys think of it?

Physics news on Phys.org
i just saw all three of them for the first time a few days ago. very cool. they pratically could make a whole movie out of some of the back story. especially the first one.

When does the Animatrix DVD come out, sometime in May?

A friend saw it in the previews before Dreamcatcher, and said it was awesome, I'm downloading it now, but I think I'm looking forward to the Matrix 2 much more then the animatrix

I saw the first one before Dreamcatcher also. I thought it was pretty good. I didn't realize that it was animated for the first couple minutes. (That woman was nicely drawn.) :wink:

[offtopic]I thought Dreamcatcher was pretty decent too. All the critics hated it, but that's probably because they don't know how to read. It followed the book very well except for the very end. They did have to trim a lot to get it running in the time slot, compared to the book. I find I enjoy movies so much more when the critics hate it; my expectations are lower so the movies seem better.[/backtotopic]

Originally posted by J-Man

[offtopic]I thought Dreamcatcher was pretty decent too. All the critics hated it, but that's probably because they don't know how to read. It followed the book very well except for the very end. They did have to trim a lot to get it running in the time slot, compared to the book. I find I enjoy movies so much more when the critics hate it; my expectations are lower so the movies seem better.[/backtotopic]

[offtopicresponse] It does seem the critics are wrong a lot of times, the friend that saw the animatrix does reviews of movies, and I generally disagree with him on how good a movie was...I think you loss a lot in a movie if you watch it to critisize it. I have heard many good things about the woman [end]

For whom it may concern:

The Matrix 2 trailer [final] was released today, Thursday, April 10.

Thought maybe someone would care, I certainly did:smile:

1. What is the Animatrix?

The Animatrix is a collection of nine animated short films set in the universe of the Matrix film series. They were created by different directors and explore various aspects of the Matrix world.

2. Do I need to watch the Matrix films before watching the Animatrix?

It is recommended to have some knowledge of the Matrix films before watching the Animatrix, as the short films expand on the world and concepts introduced in the movies. However, the Animatrix can also be enjoyed as a standalone experience.

3. When was the Animatrix released?

The Animatrix was released in 2003, between the second and third Matrix films.

4. Is the Animatrix canon?

Yes, the Animatrix is considered canon within the Matrix universe. The Wachowski siblings, who created the Matrix franchise, were involved in the production of the short films and have stated that they are an official part of the story.

5. Where can I watch the Animatrix?

The Animatrix is available for streaming on various platforms, such as Amazon Prime Video and Hulu. It can also be purchased on DVD or Blu-ray.