Is It Common for Lockheed Martin to Skip Phone Screens in Syracuse Interviews?

• Thread starter user101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    interviews
In summary, In my interview with Lockheed Martin, they were looking for someone who is ethical, capable and responsible. They also wanted me to mention that they are a great place to work.
user101
Hi all, I was contacted a week ago or so by a LHM representative for an interview in Syracuse, NY. They didn't call me for a phone interview (phone screen), which was kind of odd... and invited me to the "interview" that they're having. They did the same thing with my friend (who is a Finance major).

Has anyone been through a Lockheed Martin interview? Sample questions? Also, is it common for them to do this (interview without phone screen) up in Syracuse, NY?

For the sample questions part, I'm a junior computer engineering major.

Physics news on Phys.org
user101,

I don't know about LHM but IBM did the same thing to me, I had a initial interview with a guy at a career fair, then he told me to meet him later for a 1 on 1 interview then I got an e-mail saying to fly down to NC, RTP and have an interview.

I think its worth the flight even if you have to pay for the ticket, it shows your interested at least to fly for the interview, I know some people who said they can't fly down and never got a job.

What position are they interviewing you for? Hardware? Programming?

Do you have any big projects you've worked on as a comp eng? Get a list of things you've worked on whether its been in school or out of school. I wouldn't be too worried about technical questions, from what I've heard big company's hardly ask any technical questions anymore unless its for a FULL time job.

I've never heard of paying for your own ticket to fly out for an interview. I've heard of driving a few hrs on your own money.

I would go just for the whole interview process. Interview questions vary from person to person. Just be sure to have your basics covered. You don't want to be rejected because you couldn't write a simple for loop.

I have several times friends I know who have been interviewed by big company's, google does it, Microsoft does, IBM does it. They sent them an e-mail and said, can you be at this location, at this time, if you can let me know and I'll talk to you then for a face to face interview. They don't offer, well if you want, we'll pay for the ticket because they got 1000 other interns/co-ops willing to do it for free.

So LHM being a big company, might also do it.

Now if you get hired they will pay for traveling and moving costs of course.

I had to pay for my plane ticket to get the interview with IBM. Then I got hired and they gave me $2,500 for moving expenses which was more than enough to cover that plane ticket and then some.

I'm not saying every MANAGER out there wouldn't be so kind but some just don't want to deal with all the paper work and dealing with Human Resources to get the company to pay for a ticket. Some manager's will go the extra mile and get them to dish out money to pay for it I'm sure. It all depends on the manager.

Last edited:
LHM called me, but since I live approximately over 1 hour from the location, I will be driving there. No point in flying.

user101 said:
LHM called me, but since I live approximately over 1 hour from the location, I will be driving there. No point in flying.

If you can, stop by
http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/syrIndex.php
http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=1104

Last edited by a moderator:
robphy said:
If you can, stop by
http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/syrIndex.php
http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=1104

OH YEAH! I forgot about that, I'll DEFINITELY be doing that. I've always heard good things about those places. Thanks.

I had multiple interviews with Lockheed Martin and most of the questions they asked were behavioral questions. Here are what Lockheed Martin looking for in a candidate.

Ethic - They want to make sure that you are ethical. Ethic is a huge part of Lockheed Martin since the stuffs that they build are critical to the success of our country.

Team work - It's very important that you work well with others. Lockheed Martin build on team work and respect.

Capable and responsible - They want to get a hint that you are capable and willing to go the extra mile to get your work done.

For more details read my Lockheed Martin interview
www.jobnfo.com/content/my-interview-with-lockheed-martin[/URL]

and also read my experience working with Lockheed Martin if you are interested.
[PLAIN]www.jobnfo.com/content/lockheed-martin-best-place-work[/URL]

Related to Is It Common for Lockheed Martin to Skip Phone Screens in Syracuse Interviews?

1. What kind of questions can I expect during a Lockheed Martin interview?

Most Lockheed Martin interviews consist of behavioral and technical questions. Behavioral questions assess your past experiences and how you have handled specific situations, while technical questions evaluate your knowledge and skills in a particular field.

2. How should I prepare for a Lockheed Martin interview?

To prepare for a Lockheed Martin interview, research the company and its products, review the job description and required qualifications, and practice answering common behavioral and technical questions. It's also important to dress professionally and arrive early for your interview.

3. What qualities does Lockheed Martin look for in candidates?

Lockheed Martin values candidates who possess strong problem-solving skills, adaptability, teamwork abilities, and a passion for technology and innovation. They also seek individuals with strong communication skills and a commitment to ethical behavior.

4. How long does the interview process typically take at Lockheed Martin?

The interview process at Lockheed Martin can vary depending on the position and the number of candidates being considered. Typically, it can take a few weeks to a couple of months to complete the entire process, which may include multiple rounds of interviews and assessments.

5. What benefits does Lockheed Martin offer to its employees?

Lockheed Martin offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, and professional development opportunities. They also have a strong commitment to work-life balance and offer flexible scheduling options for their employees.