Is Infinity possible without duplication?

• Thread starter mkarger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Infinity
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of duplication in an infinite existent, specifically in the context of a multiverse system. The question is whether an infinite existent would necessarily lead to duplication, such as having multiple versions of the same object. The conversation also touches on the concept of infinite natural numbers and how duplication may or may not apply in that scenario. The conclusion is that there is a fundamental question about the relationship between an infinite existent and duplication.
mkarger
Would an infinite existent necessitate that duplication exist?

For instance, in a model that mandates a multiverse system on an infinite scale, does that mean that there exists more than one of each possible object?

I guess I'm asking a more fundamental question than that.

Physics news on Phys.org
mkarger said:
Would an infinite existent necessitate that duplication exist?

For instance, in a model that mandates a multiverse system on an infinite scale, does that mean that there exists more than one of each possible object?

I guess I'm asking a more fundamental question than that.

We have an infinite number of natural numbers without duplication.

PatrickPowers said:
We have an infinite number of natural numbers without duplication.

So essentially it starts from some point and moves forward?

I assume the same rules apply on a macro level.

Related to Is Infinity possible without duplication?

What is meant by "Infinity possible without duplication"?

"Infinity possible without duplication" refers to the concept of an infinite universe or space where there are no repeating or duplicate objects, events, or patterns. In other words, every element in this universe is unique and there are no exact copies of anything.

Is it scientifically possible to have an infinite universe without duplication?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence or theory that definitively proves or disproves the possibility of an infinite universe without duplication. However, many scientific theories, such as the Big Bang theory, suggest that the universe has a finite age and size, making the concept of an infinite universe without duplication unlikely.

What are the implications of an infinite universe without duplication?

If an infinite universe without duplication were to exist, it would challenge our understanding of the laws of physics and the concept of causality. It would also raise questions about the uniqueness of individuals and events, and the role of chance and determinism in the universe.

Can we observe or measure the presence of duplication in the universe?

Currently, we have no way of directly observing or measuring the presence of duplication in the universe. However, through scientific research and observation, we can gather evidence and make theories about the nature of the universe and the presence of duplication within it.

How does the concept of infinity without duplication relate to other scientific theories?

The concept of infinity without duplication is often discussed in relation to other scientific theories, such as the multiverse theory, which suggests the existence of multiple universes with different laws of physics. It also relates to theories about the nature of time, space, and the origin of the universe.