Is Gravity a quantum state like light is?

In summary: I am not sure about the specific terminology used, but in summary, the concept of quantum gravity is still being developed and it is uncertain whether gravity itself is a quantum phenomenon. However, it has been shown that gravity can be incorporated into the standard quantum mechanics equation.
lorrad

I am sorry if I have not used the proper terms to ask my question.

Science news on Phys.org
It is not even known if gravity is a quantum phenomenon.

Development of a Quantum Gravity theory is still in progress. We simply don't know.

lorrad said:

I am sorry if I have not used the proper terms to ask my question.

Your question is rather vague. If you are asking about quantum gravity, that theory is still in development, as has been mentioned. However, if you are asking if gravity can be incorporated into the standard QM equation, such as the gravitational potential inside the Schrodinger equation, then YES, this has been done already. The neutron drop experiment from waaaaay back in 2002 has shown this.

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/3525

Zz.

wow

I am sorry for the vagueness of my question
I had read in your frequently asked questions that light is a quantum state and that it is not particle wave as explained to laymen. It is explained as particle wave so that people can visualize it, but it was a relief to find that it was a quantum state and therefore easier to understand.
Which led to my question.

quantum gravity boogles my mind

Thank you

Related to Is Gravity a quantum state like light is?

1. What is the relationship between gravity and quantum states?

The relationship between gravity and quantum states is still not fully understood. While quantum mechanics explains the behavior of subatomic particles, general relativity describes the force of gravity at a larger scale. However, some theories, such as string theory, attempt to reconcile these two concepts.

2. How does the concept of quantum entanglement relate to gravity?

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon where two particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle affects the state of the other, regardless of the distance between them. Some theories suggest that gravity may also exhibit this type of entanglement, but this has not yet been proven.

3. Can gravity be explained by quantum gravity?

Quantum gravity is a theoretical framework that attempts to combine quantum mechanics and general relativity to explain the force of gravity at a fundamental level. While there are many theories and models, there is no definitive answer yet on whether gravity can be fully explained by quantum gravity.

4. Are there any experiments that have been conducted to test the quantum nature of gravity?

There have been several experiments conducted to try and find evidence of the quantum nature of gravity, but none have been successful so far. One of the biggest challenges is that gravity is a very weak force, which makes it difficult to detect at a quantum level.

5. What are the implications if gravity is found to be a quantum state?

If gravity is found to be a quantum state, it would have significant implications for our understanding of the universe and could potentially lead to new technologies and advancements in physics. It could also help us better understand the relationship between gravity and other fundamental forces of nature.