Is energy conservation violated in this system?

In summary: The output dynamic energy is much higher because it is the output of the system that creates more work than the input of the system.
thinhmingle
Energy conservation violation

First of all, I would like to say that this model is NOT a perpetual motion. It will stop eventually. What I want to say here is that the output useful work seems to be greater than input energy

My system consists of 2 elements. Each element is a cylinder put on an axle. There are two permanent magnets stuck on each cylinder, with their north poles are faced outside. In the youtube clip that I will show you below, you can see the magnets of the first element are painted in blue, while those of the second one are crossed with X.

I turn the cylinders slightly so that the north poles of the magnets are faced each other. Then, the thrust between magnets make the cylinders rotate.

A single cylinder on an axle itself is not the system. It is an element of the system, which consists of 2 at all. Therefore, the thrust between magnets is not external force which affect system. It is comprehended as internal force between 2 elements of the system. The thrust from the first cylinder makes the second rotate, and the thrust from the second, in its turn, make the first rotate. Each component act as the cause to make the other rotate, and it acquires the affect from the other to rotate.

While the input work of the system originates from a small force making cylinders moving short arc, and make magnets facing each other, the output dynamic energy is much higher. You can see in the clip that both cylinders rotate many circles, which create output useful work much greater than the work to make the magnets facing each other.Here is the link of my clip

[Video Link Deleted by Mentor]Your comments are welcomed to determine that if energy conservation is violated in this case or not

Thanks

Thinh Nghiem from Vietnam

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
thinhmingle said:
the output dynamic energy is much higher

How did you measure this?

thinhmingle said:
this model is NOT a perpetual motion. It will stop eventually. What I want to say here is that the output useful work seems to be greater than input energy
That is the definition of a perpetual motion machine. We do not discuss them here.

Related to Is energy conservation violated in this system?

1. What is energy conservation violation?

Energy conservation violation refers to any action or behavior that results in the unnecessary or wasteful use of energy. This can include leaving lights on when not in use, using appliances that are not energy efficient, or failing to properly insulate a building.

2. How does energy conservation violation affect the environment?

Energy conservation violation contributes to the depletion of natural resources and the production of greenhouse gases, which contribute to climate change. It also leads to increased pollution and can harm wildlife and ecosystems.

3. What are some common examples of energy conservation violation?

Some common examples of energy conservation violation include leaving electronics plugged in when not in use, using hot water unnecessarily, and failing to turn off lights and appliances when leaving a room. In industries, energy conservation violation can also occur through inefficient production processes or failure to implement energy-saving technologies.

4. What are the consequences of energy conservation violation?

The consequences of energy conservation violation can include higher energy bills, depletion of natural resources, increased pollution and carbon emissions, and negative impacts on the environment and human health. Over time, these consequences can also lead to economic and social issues such as resource scarcity and climate change.

5. How can we prevent energy conservation violation?

We can prevent energy conservation violation by practicing energy-saving habits in our daily lives, such as turning off lights and appliances when not in use, using energy-efficient products, and properly insulating our homes. In industries, implementing energy-saving technologies and processes can also help reduce energy waste. Education and awareness about the importance of energy conservation can also play a role in preventing violations.