Is Censorship Ruining This Forum?

• Complaint
  • Thread starter Timedial
  • Start date
In summary: It's time to move on.The forum's mission statement is very clear-cut.It is to discuss current mainstream science.There are plenty of fora out there that are only too happy to discuss non-mainstream concepts.But they have their own peccadilloes. Which you will find out very quickly, should you go there.
Timedial
In my opinion this forum is near worthless due to moderation censorship.

When a thread discussing the nature of universal complexity is deemed irrelevant to cosmology! Pathetic forum

When it is suggested that the condensation of matter from early universal radiation runs contrary to principle of entropy. Entropy simply meaning that energy tends to spread out. That matter is energy and is stable and does not spread out, is a trivial issue. But not allowed on this sight because this is a pathetic forum

That basic considerations are so heavily censored and deleted here, is ridiculous. Moderator conduct here makes for a near worthless experience. Control freaking indoctrination is the purpose of this narrow forum.

I boycott this place

Likes Priyo
Physics news on Phys.org
Timedial said:
Im leaving this forum
Bye.

Likes cnh1995, russ_watters, Pepper Mint and 1 other person
Timedial said:
In my opinion this forum is near worthless due to moderation censorship.

When a thread discussing the nature of universal complexity is deemed irrelevant to cosmology! Pathetic forum

Because that would belong on a philosophy forum, not one for physics. In fact, looking at the thread you were given opportunities to find better references, and got nearly two whole pages in before it was locked - which was probably a bit generous of the mods.

Timedial said:
When it is suggested that the condensation of matter from early universal radiation runs contrary to principle of entropy. Entropy simply meaning that energy tends to spread out. That matter is energy and is stable and does not spread out, is a trivial issue. But not allowed on this sight because this is a pathetic forum

I don't know, maybe because the question makes no sense? Are you trying to argue against gravitational forces?

Timedial said:
That basic considerations are so heavily censored and deleted here, is ridiculous. Moderator conduct here makes for a near worthless experience. Control freaking indoctrination is the purpose of this narrow forum.

I boycott this place

The mod's seemed pretty nice to you in the thread's I've looked at.

Student100 said:
Because that would belong on a philosophy forum, not one for physics. In fact, looking at the thread you were given opportunities to find better references, and got nearly two whole pages in before it was locked - which was probably a bit generous of the mods.

I don't know, maybe because the question makes no sense? Are you trying to argue against gravitational forces?

The mod's seemed pretty nice to you in the thread's I've looked at.

The mods argent meen, but the most basic considerations are censored, locked or deleted. My first two posts here were deleted without apology.

Philosophy you say? That matter is energy which isn't spreading out under the rule of entropy. People are fixed in the mind set that universal complexities are a result of entropy, energy diffusion, disorder and caos. And that's ok, but not being allowed to discuss this and other most basic of issues is silly. This forum has the balance very wrong.

You say I had opportunities to provide references. Assuming I wasnt caught in a storm without power. But do I need a reference to say anything, everything. It appears I do. People who use this forum have no allowance for free expression or to contribute to dialog. A great place to train your robot

Likes Priyo
Timedial said:
This forum has the balance very wrong.
No forum can be all things to all people.

A clearly-defined mission is a strength, not a short-coming.

You wouldn't buy a Hyundai Pony and then boycott them because of the leg room would you? Whose fault would that be?

This forum's mission statement is very clear-cut.
It is to discuss current mainstream science.

There are plenty of fora out there that are only too happy to discuss non-mainstream concepts.
But they have their own peccadilloes. Which you will find out very quickly, should you go there.

Likes Demystifier
All that has to be said, has been said. Locking the thread.

Related to Is Censorship Ruining This Forum?

What do you mean by "I'm leaving this forum"?

When someone says "I'm leaving this forum", it means that they no longer wish to participate in the discussions and activities on the online forum, and will no longer be an active member.

Why do people choose to leave forums?

There are a variety of reasons why someone may choose to leave a forum. Some common reasons include feeling disengaged or uninterested in the topics being discussed, experiencing conflicts with other members, and finding the forum to be a negative or toxic environment.

Can I convince someone to stay on the forum?

While it's natural to want to keep members on a forum, ultimately the decision to stay or leave is up to the individual. Trying to convince someone to stay may only make them feel pressured or uncomfortable, and it's important to respect their decision to leave.

Is leaving a forum a common occurrence?

Yes, it is common for members to come and go on online forums. People's interests and circumstances change over time, and they may find that the forum no longer meets their needs or interests.

How can leaving a forum impact the community?

When a member leaves a forum, it can impact the community in various ways. It may lead to changes in the dynamics of discussions, loss of valuable insights and contributions, or even cause other members to question their own participation on the forum. However, it is important for the community to respect the individual's decision to leave and continue to foster a positive and welcoming environment for all members.