Investigate Unusual Ad for "The Standard Model vs Reality

• Thread starter Ibix
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a user's experience with an advertisement for "The Standard Model vs Reality" on a thread. The advert leads to a Hebrew website, with an "English version" that is actually a different website. The user notes that the website appears to be "cranky" and questions if they should report it. They are then informed that it has been banned and that reporting in Feedback is the correct mechanism for doing so.
Ibix
Science Advisor
Insights Author
I just logged in. Just before I did I saw an advert on a thread for "The Standard Model vs Reality". Its tooltip suggests it goes to coherentphysics.wordpress.com, which is in Hebrew (if my non-Latin alphabet recognition is good). It has a link to an "English version", which turns out to be nohiggs.wordpress.com. I'm no expert on the SM, but the site seems fairly cranky at a quick glance.

You may wish to investigate.

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow - quick action!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Is this the correct mechanism for doing it? When I was posting the "Similar threads" appeared to be um...me complaining about another advert. Am I the only sensitive one, or is there a different avenue for reporting that I've missed?

Reporting in Feedback is fine :)

Likes Ibix

Related to Investigate Unusual Ad for "The Standard Model vs Reality

What is "The Standard Model vs Reality"?

"The Standard Model vs Reality" is a scientific research project that aims to investigate an unusual advertisement that claims to challenge the widely accepted Standard Model of particle physics.

What is the Standard Model of particle physics?

The Standard Model is a theory that describes the fundamental particles and forces that make up the universe. It is currently the most successful and widely accepted model in explaining the behavior of subatomic particles.

What is the purpose of the investigation?

The purpose of the investigation is to critically analyze the claims made in the advertisement and determine if they are supported by scientific evidence. The goal is to provide a clear understanding of the accuracy and validity of the advertisement's statements.

Who is conducting the investigation?

The investigation is being conducted by a team of scientists with expertise in particle physics and scientific research methods. They are impartial and objective in their approach, and their findings will be based on empirical evidence.

What impact could the investigation have on the scientific community?

The investigation could potentially challenge the current understanding of the Standard Model and open up new avenues for scientific research. It could also highlight the importance of critically evaluating scientific claims and the need for evidence-based conclusions in the scientific community.