What is the speed of the block after sliding down the incline?

• Thread starter Nb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam
In summary, a 3.00kg block slides down a 30.0 degree incline for 2.00m in 1.50s. To find the answers to the given questions: a) use the formula s = ut + 0.5at^2 to find the acceleration of the block b) determine the coefficient of kinetic friction using the formula F = [mu]R c) calculate the frictional force acting on the block using the formula F = [mu]R d) use the formula v = u + at to find the speed of the block after sliding 2.00m. It is helpful to draw a diagram and write down all given information before attempting to solve the
Nb
a 3.00kg block starts from rest at the top of 30.0 degree incline and slides 2.00m down the incline in 1.50s find:

a). acceleration of the block
b). coefficent of kinetic friction between the block and the incline
c). frictonal force acting on the block
d? the speed of the block after it has slid 2.00m

Physics news on Phys.org
Nb,
what have you got so far, and where are you stuck?

i have no idea how to do this kind of question. I am very confused

Last edited by a moderator:
What I do is, first of all write down all of the information given in the question:

u = 0 m/s
v = v
a = a
s = 2.00 m
t = 1.50 s

mass=3.00 Kg

a) Use the formula: s = ut + 0.5 a t^2

b) Since the block is sliding, F = [mu] R
Therefore [mu]=Tan30

c) Since F = [mu] R
F = Tan30 * 3.00*9.81*Cos30

d) Using the u, v, a, s, t that I wrote down before, substitute values into this equation:

v = u + a t

Hint: For this type of question, I highly recommend drawing a diagram with all the information on at the very start of the question before you do anything else, it will help you to visualize the question and also contains key information that you can remind yourself of at a quick glance.

1. What is the purpose of an exam?

An exam is a formal assessment used to measure a person's knowledge, understanding, and skills in a particular subject or topic. It is often used as a way to evaluate a person's progress or qualification in a specific area.

2. How should I prepare for an exam?

Preparation for an exam may vary depending on the subject and type of exam. However, some general tips include studying consistently, organizing notes and materials, practicing with past exams or sample questions, and getting enough rest and proper nutrition before the exam.

3. What should I do if I am feeling anxious or stressed before an exam?

Anxiety and stress are common reactions to exams, but there are ways to manage these feelings. Some helpful strategies include deep breathing, positive self-talk, and creating a study schedule to avoid last-minute cramming. It is also important to take breaks and engage in activities that help you relax.

4. Can I request accommodations for an exam?

If you have a disability or medical condition that may affect your performance on an exam, you may be eligible for accommodations. It is best to speak with your school or exam administrator in advance to discuss your needs and provide any necessary documentation.

5. How are exams graded?

The grading system for exams may vary, but typically, exams are graded based on a set of predetermined criteria, such as correct answers, essay responses, or completion of tasks. Some exams may also include a curve or weighting system to adjust for difficulty. It is best to review the grading rubric or guidelines provided by the exam administrator to understand how your exam will be graded.