Introductory textbooks for Supersymmetry?

In summary, the speaker is looking for recommendations on textbooks for studying supersymmetry at an undergraduate level. They are concerned about choosing a book that is either too advanced or too simple for their current level of understanding. They receive the response that there are not many options for studying supersymmetry at an undergraduate level, but one potential recommendation is "Supersymmetry DeMYSTiFied" by Patrick LaBelle. They thank the person for their help and mention that they may ask for recommendations again in the future.
Cryo_423
Hi everyone,

As of late I've been really wanting to push on with my interest in particle Physics by tackling the rather daunting theoretical model that we call supersymmetry. However, to put it simply, I'm not entirely sure where to start! There's so many different textbooks on the subject out there, I was wondering if anyone could give me any specific recommendations; i don't want to end up waisting both money and time investing in a textbook that's either far too advanced for me at this stage (Post-grad stuff etc), or conversely, too simple. preferably, if the mathematics and the contents involved were around undergraduate level and (relatively) accessible that would be preferable thanks! Sorry to be fussy like that! Anyway, many thank you's to anyone who wouldn't mind helping me,

Cryo

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm afraid that supersymmetry is not a topic that is accessible at the advanced undergraduate level.

Maybe "Supersymmetry DeMYSTiFied" by Patrick LaBelle,

George Jones said:
Maybe "Supersymmetry DeMYSTiFied" by Patrick LaBelle,

For college juniors?

kk dw then I'll just stick with my other books for now then :) thanks though, I'll probs be asking again in a few months lol...

Related to Introductory textbooks for Supersymmetry?

1. What is Supersymmetry?

Supersymmetry is a theoretical framework in particle physics that proposes a symmetry between fermions (particles with half-integer spin) and bosons (particles with integer spin). It aims to unify the fundamental forces of nature and explain the existence of dark matter.

2. Why is Supersymmetry important?

Supersymmetry is important because it provides a potential solution to some of the unanswered questions in physics, such as the hierarchy problem and the existence of dark matter. It also has implications for string theory and the unification of the fundamental forces.

3. What are introductory textbooks for Supersymmetry?

Introductory textbooks for Supersymmetry are books that explain the fundamental concepts and theories of Supersymmetry in a clear and accessible manner. They are typically used by students and researchers to gain a basic understanding of the subject before delving into more advanced topics.

4. Who are the target audience for introductory textbooks for Supersymmetry?

The target audience for introductory textbooks for Supersymmetry are usually undergraduate and graduate students in physics, as well as researchers and scientists who are new to the field of Supersymmetry. They may also be useful for individuals with a general interest in particle physics and theoretical physics.

5. What are some recommended introductory textbooks for Supersymmetry?

Some recommended introductory textbooks for Supersymmetry include "Introduction to Supersymmetry" by Peter West, "Supersymmetry Demystified" by Patrick Labelle, and "Supersymmetry for Mathematicians: An Introduction" by V. S. Varadarajan. It is also a good idea to consult with a professor or colleague for their recommendations.