Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Introduction

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hello all,

My background is much less impressive math-wise than the other two staff members who have posted so far, but what the heck, I'll post anyway. :cool:

I was always better at math than other subjects but didn't really start applying myself until high school when I joined Mu Alpha Theta. In some parts of the US there is Mu Alpha Theta, which is math league where schools from a region compete against each other on Saturdays. I made some amazing friends and had great times, all while taking math tests early on Saturday morning! It sounds crazy I know.

I entered college wanting to study pure math and did so for about two years when I realized that it wasn't for me at that time and pursued a drastically different path - Russian. I graduated and lived in Moscow, Russia for the past two years teaching English and trying to perfect my rooski. I got back to the States about a month ago and am heading back to the science community in a way. I am studying for the actuarial exams to, obviously, work as an actuary. Where I live it seems normal to pass two of them before you can get hired so that's my goal. This means I'm very happy to have MHB available to me in the near future when I get stuck. :D

Jameson

cylers89

Mar 26, 2012
Hello all,

My background is much less impressive math-wise than the other two staff members who have posted so far, but what the heck, I'll post anyway. :cool:

I was always better at math than other subjects but didn't really start applying myself until high school when I joined Mu Alpha Theta. In some parts of the US there is Mu Alpha Theta, which is math league where schools from a region compete against each other on Saturdays. I made some amazing friends and had great times, all while taking math tests early on Saturday morning! It sounds crazy I know.

I entered college wanting to study pure math and did so for about two years when I realized that it wasn't for me at that time and pursued a drastically different path - Russian. I graduated and lived in Moscow, Russia for the past two years teaching English and trying to perfect my rooski. I got back to the States about a month ago and am heading back to the science community in a way. I am studying for the actuarial exams to, obviously, work as an actuary. Where I live it seems normal to pass two of them before you can get hired so that's my goal. This means I'm very happy to have MHB available to me in the near future when I get stuck. :D

Jameson
Good luck with those Actuary Exams. They can be some tough material to study on your own, maybe we should study together? :) A friend is currently borrowing my book, but I just found a bunch of new problems from past exams to review as well. It's a good resource I found on SOA website.