Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Introduction

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
Hello,

I am Balarka, one of the slaves of lord Vegeta. After Planet Vegeta was destroyed by King Cold, I used to live in Earth and starting to get interested in mathematics recently.

How's my introduction? (Bigsmile)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, Balarka! (Cool)

I'm not familiar with Lord Vegeta, but I suspect this is from a video game? (Wondering)

At any rate, I hope you can soon break the bonds that enslave you, and run free to pursue that mathematics I know you so enjoy! (Giggle)

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
Thanks for the welcome, MarkFL!

About Lord Vegeta, it's from an old Japanese science-fiction manga named Dragon Ball.

MarkFL said:
At any rate, I hope you can soon break the bonds that enslave you, and run free to pursue that mathematics I know you so enjoy!
(Giggle)

PS : I don't like the quote facilities here :( MMF's are better, IMHO.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
What about them in particular don't you like? They seem to function equivalently to MMF to me, with the exception of the multi-quote, which you just click to turn on, then click quote.

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
The thing I don't like is that the quote box has round corners but MMF has those sharp. However, different people likes different things, it's a matter of psychology, I guess.

Balarka

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013
Hey,what brought you here?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
The thing I don't like is that the quote box has round corners but MMF has those sharp. However, different people likes different things, it's a matter of psychology, I guess.

Balarka
Oh okay, I thought you were speaking in terms of function, not form. (Wink)

I think they will "grow" on you. (Nod)

What kinds of topics and problems are you working on at the present time?

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013
PS : I don't like the quote facilities here :( MMF's are better, IMHO.
Things I like here:No spam,A bunch of mathmaniacs,less homework help seekers,live chat,chatroom,a large number of active staff memembers(like Mark),VM,Activity stream.....etc

Things I don't like here:Low capacity of PM box(50),
the quote box,ads,background colours...

Oh,I was going to start one at MMF too...

anemone

MHB POTW Director
Staff member
Feb 14, 2012
Hey mathbalarka, it's good to see another familiar face (I'm also a member at MMF but I won't tell who I am there, :p) here and I know you will certainly find this site a great place in which to 'hang out'!:)

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
Ah, so just the typical things an 8th grader ponders in his free time...I see. (Giggle)
(Giggle) How true!

anemone said:
I'm also a member at MMF but I won't tell who I am there
Okay then, let me guess : Etyucan? No, I guess . . .

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Things I like here:No spam,A bunch of mathmaniacs,less homework help seekers,live chat,chatroom,a large number of active staff memembers(like Mark),VM,Activity stream.....etc

Things I don't like here:Low capacity of PM box(50),
the quote box,ads,background colours...
Hey, I am pleased to see that the pros far outweigh the cons for you! (Party)

We are a relatively new site, and we do hope that as our membership increases we will get more people here seeking help with their homework, but this should not in any way adversely affect the "maniacs" among us who wish to discuss the things they are exploring in their free time. There is plenty of room here for every type of user, whether they wish to get help, give help, or just want to discuss mathematics, or anything else for that matter in our Chat Room forum and Live ChatBox.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
(Giggle) How true!

Okay then, let me guess : Etyucan? No, I guess . . .
Not even close , I think he must be so active in the geometry and algebra section.

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
It's no use, I can't guess :(

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
Ah, Darn it! This guessing things don't works out for me (except for helf-iterates (Bigsmile)) well, I guess I have still one choice left : is that you granma isbell?(Giggle)