Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

introduction

barbara

Dec 11, 2015
Hi
My name is Barbara and I'm Taking A Discrete Math class and need to know how to post a question

karush

Jan 31, 2012
Hi
My name is Barbara and I'm Taking A Discrete Math class and need to know how to post a question
Go to forums tab select
Discrete Mathematics, Set Theory, and Logic

You will see a start a thread at the top the a posting page will appear

Try to use the latex editor, it's easy to use once you use a short while, plus it much easier for everyone to understand

You have come to a great place for help

Also always thank replies when you are helped

Last edited:

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, Barbara! :)

Something to keep in mind when posting questions, is that the title of your thread should be more specific than the category in which you are posting. For example, suppose I am taking Calc I and I am having trouble with a related rates problem.

Now, if I post in our Calculus form and title my thread "Calculus Problem," this really doesn't give any further information about the content of the question, because it will already be assumed to be a calculus problem given that it is posted in the Calculus forum. A better title would be "Related Rates" or perhaps even "Related Rates: Inflating A Balloon." This way our helpers, and those browsing our forums looking for information, will know at a glance the nature of the question being asked.

Another thing is that we ask people posting questions to show what they have already tried, or to at least give their thoughts on how they think they should begin. This way our helpers can see exactly where you need help. :D