Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Introduction -- jedson303

jedson303

Feb 23, 2013
I am very much an amateur. Have completed a pre-calculous and a calculus course but have had little experience using the stuff I leaned. My real agenda is to understand a number of physics concepts as expressed mathematically. I am looking for help when I get stuck. Also need help using a science computer. Like how to get two variables in a function -- like x2 + y2. I'm 72 years old -- retired. Mainly for philosophical purposes I want to deepen my understanding of things like relativity (special and general), quantum physics, entanglement, waves and things like that.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Welcome, jedson303! I think you've come to a good online forum for pursuing your goals. There are some top-notch people here who can help you with pretty much all your goals. Hope you enjoy the atmosphere here!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, jedson303! (Yes)

If you have any questions or concerns about using the features of the forum, please feel free to ask me or another staff member. We are happy to help.

I hope you find your time here helps you to reach your goals. I wish you the best in pursuing them.

Best Regards,

Mark.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
I really admire your passion to learn. Happy to help whenever needed ... :)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi jedson303, (Wave)

I'm glad you found us :) You call yourself an "amateur" but that's not a bad thing like you might think in my opinion. If you study lots of math with little understanding and mostly memorizing formulas, like many do, then it can be really difficult to break bad those bad habits later. We're here to help you every step of the way so I hope to see a math question from you soon! :)

If you have any questions always feel free to contact any of our staff members. We also have an arcade, a live chat room and a fairly active chat room in the forums if you ever feel chatty.

Jameson

jedson303

Feb 23, 2013
Thanks for all the welcomes. I am glad that a person does not have to be an expert to we welcome here.
jedson

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
We welcome everyone here with open arms, regardless of their level of expertise. (Smile)

This includes students who are seeking help with homework, people engaging in self-study for sheer enjoyment or to increase their understanding of mathematics as it relates to some field of interest, or people who just wish to share their knowledge to help others.