Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Introduction abaz

abaz

Feb 23, 2013
Hi all.

As an electronics enthusiast I come across a lot of sqiggly line math and the majority of it is over my head. It has been 30+ years since I did any real math and I have forgotten most of it.

Recently I have come to the conclusion that I can no longer avoid the deeper mathematical explanations behind the theory so I have decided to re-educate myself.

I have been hitting the text books, watching online lectures, taking notes and working through proofs etc of things that I have just learnt.

I look forward to learning from the great minds on this forum

Cheers
Alf

PS
Please excuse my j's

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, abaz! (Happy)

Congratulations on embarking on a journey to deepen your understanding of electrical theories, and whether you use $i$ or $j$ to represent $\sqrt{-1}$, we know what you are talking about. Both conventions are common enough to be recognized.

I look forward to seeing you around!

Best Regards,

Mark.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Hi abaz :D

Welcome , what fields of mathematics are you interested in ?

abaz

Feb 23, 2013
Thank you very much for the welcome Mark.

Hi ZaidAlyafe
It would seem calculus, trig, algebra and complex numbers are used a lot in electrical theory. I don't know what fields exist and what methods they encompass.

I posted my first question and it would seem I have to look at Eulers now.

I am also into embedded programming and wouldn't mind learning a bit about Digital Signal Processing

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi abaz! (Wave)

Welcome to MHB. We're glad to have you. :) This is definitely a place that can help you along your path to better understand math.

A major principle that guides this site is that all members have a right to and are encouraged to give feedback and suggestions - whether good or bad. So if you ever have any questions or want to share something to help make us function better, we want to know.

See you in the forums!

Jameson