Calculus Test Prep - Answers + Explanations

In summary, hodeez says that she got x-4=y^3+y and that y1 = t^3+t and y2= -1 right? (since its g(3) 3-4 = -1). Then she traced for a zero?just came back from her test and she got confused on a question... find the deriv of x+sin(xy) i got (-sec(x)-y)/x but the calc gave me 1. Thanks to all the people that replied and (attempted to) help, himanshu121 for reminding her of her errror.
hodeez
Hi guys, I have a calculus test tomorrow and it'll be great if I can receive some answers + explanations! my review sheet is attached. if this is breaking the rules I am sorry.

hope this actually helps some other people too

Attachments

• reviewsheet.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
for #1
i got 3x^2-sin(xy^2)*2xy [dy/dx]*y^2
whadaya thinks?

for #2) its log(x)/log4 b)then graph it with my TI89 then find the deriv @ .4

at work right now so no calculator on me =)
btw: does the TI89 have a test function == like the ti86?

#3) f'(x)=2+cosx so we have to prove f'(x) is constantly positive or negative.. but how would we approach that?

Originally posted by hodeez
#3) f'(x)=2+cosx so we have to prove f'(x) is constantly positive or negative.. but how would we approach that?

What's the minimum of cos(x) (assuming x is real)

Originally posted by NateTG
What's the minimum of cos(x) (assuming x is real)

sorry I am not quite following you. on the y-axis it is -1, and on the x it can be -infinite. please correct me if I am wrong

So, if the minimum value of cos(x) is -1, what is the minimum value of 2+cos(x)?

lol wow i feel so dumb

thanks onward to the next question after i finish some quick job for my boss.

i got x-4=y^3+y
so turn my ti89 to parametric mode and y1 = t^3+t
y2= -1 right? (since its g(3) 3-4 = -1)
then i trace for a zero?

Last edited:
just came back from my test and i got confused on a question... find the deriv of x+sin(xy) i got (-sec(x)-y)/x but the calc gave me 1

thanks to all the people that replied and (attempted to) help

d/dx{x+sin(xy)} = 1 +cos(xy)[xdy/dx+y]

oh my goddd what did i do? i messed up.. oh wells :smile:
thanks himanshu121 for reminding me of my errror

1. What is "Calculus Test Prep - Answers + Explanations"?

"Calculus Test Prep - Answers + Explanations" is a study guide designed to help students prepare for a calculus test. It includes answers and explanations for commonly asked questions and practice problems.

2. Is this study guide suitable for all levels of calculus?

Yes, "Calculus Test Prep - Answers + Explanations" covers topics from basic to advanced calculus, making it suitable for students at all levels.

3. Are the answers and explanations provided in this study guide accurate?

Yes, the answers and explanations in "Calculus Test Prep - Answers + Explanations" have been carefully reviewed and verified by experienced calculus educators.

4. Can this study guide be used for self-study or is it meant for classroom use?

This study guide can be used for both self-study and classroom use. It is designed to be a comprehensive resource for students to study and practice on their own, as well as a useful tool for teachers to supplement their lessons and assignments.

5. How can this study guide help me improve my calculus skills?

"Calculus Test Prep - Answers + Explanations" breaks down complex calculus concepts into easy-to-understand explanations and provides practice problems with detailed solutions. By using this guide, students can strengthen their understanding of calculus and improve their problem-solving skills, ultimately leading to better performance on tests and exams.