Intro to IC Design & Applications by XYZ *son (1979)

• Thread starter mzh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Ic
In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for a specific book on IC design and applications but is unable to remember the exact title or author. They provide some details, such as it being a little black book from 1979 and aimed at electrical engineers. They also mention a line from the book's introduction about engineers not caring about electrons. Another person suggests a book called "Microelectronic Circuits" which also covers physics theory.
mzh
Hi
I'm looking for a book of which I can't remember exactly the title or the author. It was something along the lines of

"Introduction to IC design and applications"
"Basic IC theory"

by a guy called XYZ *son, I think. It's a little black book from somewhen around 1979 or so. I remember its aimed at electrical engineers and tries to give some physical background to people who know of the applications but who wish to extend their understanding of the underlying physics.
There's a sentence in the first chapter or introduction saying something like "Engineers don't care about electrons and just want to get on with it."

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Not really, but I know another one called

"Microelectronic Circuits"

It has some physics theory also, though not in complete detail.

Related to Intro to IC Design & Applications by XYZ *son (1979)

1. What is IC design?

IC design, or integrated circuit design, is the process of creating and designing electronic circuits on a small piece of semiconductor material. This allows for the creation of complex electronic devices, such as computers and smartphones.

2. Who is XYZ *son and why is their work important?

XYZ *son is a renowned engineer and scientist who is known for their contributions to the field of IC design. Their work has greatly advanced the technology and capabilities of integrated circuits, making them essential components in many electronic devices.

3. When was "Intro to IC Design & Applications" first published?

"Intro to IC Design & Applications" was first published in 1979. It has since been revised and updated to reflect advancements in IC design technology.

4. What are some common applications of IC design?

IC design is used in a wide range of electronic devices, including computers, smartphones, televisions, and medical equipment. It is also used in industrial applications, such as robotics and automation, and in communication systems like satellites and cell phones.

5. Is "Intro to IC Design & Applications" suitable for beginners?

Yes, "Intro to IC Design & Applications" is designed to be accessible for beginners. It provides a comprehensive introduction to IC design, making it a great starting point for those interested in the field.