Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print

• Thread starter Symmetry
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dft Tensor
In summary, the person is looking for free e-print resources on Tensor Calculus and Density Functional Theory to teach themselves. They are recommended to check out a short intro to DFT on arXiv and a book on electronic structure calculations by Michael Springborg. The person is also advised to search for more recent DFT literature online. Additionally, a helpful intro to DFT by Burke and his group at Rutgers is suggested.
Symmetry
Someone helps me !
I'm looking for where I can download free e-print about Tensor Calculus and Density Functional Theory . I want to teach myself.

Thank you very much .

Mathematics news on Phys.org
While I can't help with learning tensor calculus (I learned my tensors in class and through a number of agonizing problems), I can offer some help with DFT.

http://www.arxiv.org/abs/physics/9806013 A somewhat short intro to DFT. I will say if you're interested in a more thorough treatment, more modern applications of DFT, or a combination thereof you'll have to dig up the references mentioned. There is a reason why entire books on DFT have been written. A nice little book on electronic structure calculations that I happen to really like is Methods of Electronic Structure Calculations by Michael Springborg. It goes over both physics-oriented and chemistry-oriented methods, unlike some texts which only cover one or the other in any kind of detail.

I will say as an additional note that a great deal of DFT literature has been published since the mid 1980s and you can find quite a bit online in journal archives if you have access.

Good luck with DFT and may your experience be less traumatic than mine trying to learn it. :)

Added after edit: I should have remembered this intro to DFT by Burke and his group at Rutgers. You can find it http://dft.rutgers.edu/kieron/beta/index.html in PDF and PS format, along with a link to the Nobel lectures presented on DFT a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi there! I'm happy to help you with your search for e-prints on Tensor Calculus and Density Functional Theory. There are a few places you can check for free e-prints on these topics.

Firstly, you can try searching for them on arXiv.org. This is a popular pre-print server for scientific articles and papers, and they have a specific section for Tensor Calculus and DFT. You can also filter your search results to only show open access e-prints, which are available for free download.

Another option is to check for e-prints on the websites of universities or research institutes that specialize in these topics. Many of them have a section for publications or e-prints that you can access for free.

You can also try reaching out to researchers or professors in these fields and asking if they have any e-prints or resources they can share with you. Often, they are happy to help and provide valuable materials for self-teaching.

I hope these suggestions help you in your search. Best of luck in your learning journey!

1. What is "Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print"?

"Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print" is a phrase commonly used by scientists and researchers to refer to the search for relevant articles and papers related to tensors (a mathematical concept) and density functional theory (a computational method used in physics and chemistry).

2. How can I access "Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print"?

"Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print" can be accessed through various online databases and search engines, such as arXiv, Google Scholar, and ScienceDirect. It can also be accessed through the websites of scientific journals and organizations.

3. Why is "Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print" important?

"Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print" is important because it allows scientists and researchers to stay updated on the latest developments and findings in the fields of tensors and density functional theory. It also helps in building upon existing knowledge and advancing scientific understanding.

4. How do I know if a paper or article is relevant to "Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print"?

You can determine the relevance of a paper or article to "Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print" by checking the title, abstract, and keywords. These should give an idea of the topic and scope of the paper. You can also look for related terms and concepts within the paper.

5. Are there any specific tips for searching for "Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print"?

Yes, some tips for searching for "Looking for Tensor and DFT e-print" include using specific keywords, narrowing down the search scope, and using advanced search options, such as Boolean operators and filters, to refine the results. It can also be helpful to consult with colleagues or experts in the field for recommendations and suggestions.