Did You Know That the Order of Letters in a Word Doesn't Really Matter?

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Brain
In summary, according to a study by an English university, the order of letters in a word doesn't matter as long as the first and last letters are in the correct position. This allows readers to still understand the text without difficulty. The conversation then shifts to discussing recent weather and the effects of a hurricane, with the original post acknowledging the interesting information presented.
Tsu
Gold Member
Just read it all the way through.

Acocdrnig to an elgnsih unviesitry sutdy the oredr of letetrs in a wrod
> > dosen't mttaer, the olny thnig thta's iopmrantt is that the frsit and
> lsat
> > ltteer of eevry word is in the crcreot ptoision. The rset can be
jmbueld
> > and one is stlil able to raed the txet wiohtut dclftfuiiy.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
heh, and while I'm reading this, not having much trouble I might add, I'm thinking "What in the heck is going on with this person, did you get smacked in the head."

And then I realized what was up, that is pretty cool, thanks for the info.

Originally posted by megashawn
heh, and while I'm reading this, not having much trouble I might add, I'm thinking "What in the heck is going on with this person, did you get smacked in the head."

And then I realized what was up, that is pretty cool, thanks for the info.

Hey Megashawn, if Tsunami doesn't mind the brief interruption, how fare thee the weather of late? Weren't you pretty close to all of the action? If you have a lot to tell, why don't you start a thread.

By the way, I agree. Cool Tsunami!
I have seen some posts that make this look good.

Originally posted by megashawn
... did you get smacked in the head."

WAY more than once! Haven't we all?
*chortle, guffaw*

Well, I live in the center of NC, so I only caught the outer edge of Isabel. We were getting around 50 mph winds, lost power at work for about 2 hours, which is cool for me. I've heard the coast managed pretty good aside from the flooding. A bunch of trees that were weakened in our last ice storm fell down, branches and leaves everywhere. Not quite as bad as when Hugo came through town.

What is the "Amazing Brain"?

The "Amazing Brain" refers to the incredible capabilities and functions of the human brain. It is responsible for controlling all of our thoughts, actions, and bodily functions.

How does the brain work?

The brain is made up of billions of neurons, which communicate with each other through electrical and chemical signals. This allows the brain to process information, make decisions, and control our body's movements.

What makes the brain so amazing?

The brain's ability to adapt and change is what makes it truly amazing. It can rewire itself and create new connections, allowing us to learn, remember, and develop new skills throughout our lives.

Can the brain be trained or improved?

Yes, the brain can be trained and improved through various activities such as learning new skills, exercising, and practicing mindfulness. These activities can help strengthen existing connections and create new ones, improving overall brain function.

How can we take care of our brain?

To take care of our brain, we should engage in activities that challenge and stimulate our brain, eat a healthy and balanced diet, get regular exercise, and prioritize getting enough sleep. It is also important to avoid harmful substances and protect the brain from injuries.