Stanford bookstore joke

• Thread starter brum
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stanford
In summary, the conversation on a forum thread involved someone asking for information about a topic, but another person replied saying they have never heard of it. The conversation then shifts to a different topic where someone jokingly teases another user.
brum
Can someone tell it please?

I've never heard it.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
so how do you know about it's existence?

This... will... never... die.

- Warren

What the f**k?! I don't know what's happened here but this is totally retarded. This was a good natured but completely dumb and unfunny attempt on my part to tease chroot. It wasn't in anyway meant to insult or make fun of him. I don't know if he goes to stanford and I really don't care, though based on his posts, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

1. What is the Stanford bookstore joke?

The Stanford bookstore joke is a popular joke that references the high cost of textbooks and the Stanford University bookstore's reputation for being expensive. The punchline of the joke is usually some variation of "At least they give us a free education."

2. Where did the Stanford bookstore joke originate?

The exact origins of the joke are unknown, but it has been circulating on college campuses for many years. It is often attributed to Stanford University, but it has also been told in reference to other universities with expensive bookstores.

3. Is there any truth to the Stanford bookstore joke?

While the joke may be exaggerated, there is some truth to it. Many college students struggle with the high cost of textbooks, and Stanford's bookstore has been ranked as one of the most expensive in the country.

4. Are there any variations of the Stanford bookstore joke?

Yes, there are many variations of the joke, but they all follow the same format of referencing the high cost of textbooks at Stanford's bookstore.

5. Why is the Stanford bookstore so expensive?

There are a few reasons for the high cost of textbooks at the Stanford bookstore. One is that the university has a policy of not allowing students to purchase used textbooks. Additionally, the bookstore is owned and operated by the university, which means they do not have to compete with other retailers for lower prices.