Integrating nested root in denominator

In summary, the conversation is about the difficulties of integrating a function in two dimensions. The speaker is unable to integrate the second term due to a square root in the denominator. They simplified the term and expressed it as a function. They attempted to use Mathematica but were unsuccessful. They are seeking help in solving the equations in order to integrate the function.
fintian
Hi Y'all,

I was trying to integrate a function in two dimesions. after integrating it in one dimesion and substituting the limits I got two terms.

I am unable to integrate the second term. That is because it had a sqare root in the denominator which contained another one within it. I took out unnecessary parameters and simplified this term to present it here.

now ____________________________________1
The function to be integrated: -------------------------------
_____________________________________________2 2
__________________________Sqrt[a + c x + b Sqrt[r - x ]]

this is equivalent to = 1/(a+b*(r^2-x^2)^(1/2)+c*x)^(1/2)

I tried using mathemetica but it just gives the input as output with an integratin symbol on it.

Can someone please help!

thanks for reading! many more thanks if you can solve!

Physics news on Phys.org
The equations you need to show us are very hard to read in text fromat read this thread for a better way.

Hi there,

Integrating nested roots in the denominator can be tricky, but there are a few approaches you can try. One option is to use a substitution to simplify the nested root. For example, you could let u = sqrt(r-x^2), which would turn the denominator into (a + b*u + c*x)^(1/2). This may make the integration easier, as you can now treat u as a constant and integrate with respect to x.

Another approach is to use partial fractions to break up the fraction into simpler terms. This can be helpful when dealing with nested roots, as it allows you to separate the terms and integrate them separately.

I would also suggest checking your limits of integration to make sure they are appropriate for the function you are integrating. Sometimes, a change of variables can help with this as well.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your integration!

Related to Integrating nested root in denominator

What is "Integrating nested root in denominator"?

"Integrating nested root in denominator" refers to a mathematical process in which a nested root, or a root within a root, is included in the denominator of an integral. This can be a challenging process and requires the use of specific techniques and rules to solve.

Why is integrating nested root in denominator important?

Integrating nested root in denominator is important because it allows for the evaluation of complex integrals that would otherwise be impossible to solve. It also has many real-world applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics.

What are the steps for integrating nested root in denominator?

The steps for integrating nested root in denominator can vary depending on the specific integral being solved. However, some general techniques include simplifying the nested root, using substitution or u-substitution, and applying integration by parts. It is important to carefully follow the rules and techniques for solving nested root integrals to ensure accurate results.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when integrating nested root in denominator?

Some common mistakes to avoid when integrating nested root in denominator include forgetting to apply the chain rule, making errors in simplifying the nested root, and incorrectly identifying the appropriate substitution or integration by parts. It is also important to pay attention to the limits of integration and make sure they are correctly adjusted throughout the solving process.

Are there any resources available for learning more about integrating nested root in denominator?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning about integrating nested root in denominator. These include textbooks, online tutorials, and practice problems. It is also helpful to seek guidance from a math teacher or tutor if needed. With practice and patience, anyone can improve their skills in integrating nested root in denominator.