Could this world be a Matrix ?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matrix
In summary: Originally posted by C0mmie In summary, the Matrix is a reality that people are living in that is within a matrix. It is possible that in the future, AI will create a new matrix within the existing one, and mankind will be living in a matrix that is within a matrix.
Saint
Could be or Couldn't be ?

There is a MATRIX outside this universe that Programs everything in it, decide the destiny of everyone of us...possible ?

Physics news on Phys.org
From the URLAT, http://www.probablefuture.com/matrix.htm ...

Most human entities spend their "waking" lives hypnotized by their sensory world, which gives them the illusion of a material reality "out there."

In reality, space and time are really nonexistent both at the level of Pure Aware Consciousness, and also at the level of the unaware "blind parts" that experience for It the illusion of creative thought within an illusory space/time construct called Creation.

Mankind rarely realizes that life is but a sensory illusion that gives experience and learning to Thought, and that the only reality is Thought Itself, which is forever evolving.

Consciousness can be defined as Awareness projected onto a vibratory Dream. Period. For Space/Time Creation it is but pure Dark lesser vibratory (conscious and subconscious) thought interacting more or less intensely with the inner Holographic Light/Thought Reality originating through the facets of The MATRIX ("Deep" of Genesis 1: 2).
Oh my God! ... Is that you Lifegazer!?

I don't understand, please explain more.

If our thought is not real, how can it knows it is not real?

Originally posted by Saint
I don't understand, please explain more.

If our thought is not real, how can it knows it is not real?
Mankind rarely realizes that life is but a sensory illusion that gives experience and learning to Thought, and that the only reality is Thought Itself, which is forever evolving.
Actually it's pretty deep stuff. Am not sure that I can elaborate on it, except that it's saying the only reality which "is real" is thought itself.

There is a MATRIX outside this universe that Programs everything in it, decide the destiny of everyone of us...possible ?

Yeah, yeah, I'm the programmer who set it all up. Ya'll are just bugs in the system I have yet to work out. Stop making a fuss or I'll have to reboot!

Could this world be a Matrix ?
It not only could be, but this world IS a Matrix.

Originally posted by Laser Eyes

i am not agree ...the world is nature...not matrix

the world is nature...not matrix
Just what you would expect someone who believes the matrix is real to say.

Originally posted by Laser Eyes
Just what you would expect someone who believes the matrix is real to say.

Matrix means mother.

You can hang on to mom's apron for the duration of your life...

or, you can let go.

Entirely up to you.

Ta.

OK, let's assume that this world is in a matrix, and we are all imprisoned by artificial intellingence. Now, in a couple of decades, we (menaing the inhabitants of the matrix) are going to create AI of our own, and the robots, without knowing that they are already in a matrix, will imprison mankind and will create a new matrix within the existing one, and we will be living in a matrix that is within a matirx. The pattern will repeat and end up being infinitely recursive, and the original matrix will need to have one heck of a processor to process the infinity number of nested matricies in real time.

Now, is it possible to have a processor with infinitely fast processing capabilities? Either the matrix will crash or there is no matrix to begin with.

Originally posted by C0mmie
OK, let's assume that this world is in a matrix, and we are all imprisoned by artificial intellingence. Now, in a couple of decades, we (menaing the inhabitants of the matrix) are going to create AI of our own, and the robots, without knowing that they are already in a matrix, will imprison mankind and will create a new matrix within the existing one, and we will be living in a matrix that is within a matirx. The pattern will repeat and end up being infinitely recursive, and the original matrix will need to have one heck of a processor to process the infinity number of nested matricies in real time.

Now, is it possible to have a processor with infinitely fast processing capabilities? Either the matrix will crash or there is no matrix to begin with.

Yeah, its theoretically possible. It's called a Quantum Computer and its processessing power is the factorial of the number of Qubits it can handle simultaneously. If anyone has a full scale QC today they aren't admitting it, but one of the more interesting aspects of such a computer is that it just might even spout the answers before you are finished in putting the questions. In other words, it is possibly an even more bizarre idea than an infinite regression of Matrices.

wuli, if you're the programmer I wan'na be the virus !

Prove it, Mr Anderson!

I think there is a simple test for whether something is the matrix or not - creativity. For all it's complexity, the matrix was a mere copy of something that was created in the real world. I will hereby postulate that true randomness, and hence true creativity is something that must exist in the first world, the real world. A world which does create cannot be the first, but can only be an effect of the first. So, are our thoughts really creative? I don't think so - so our mind cannot be the reality, only a part of reality or it's effect. But is what we accept as the real world creative itself?

Originally posted by FZ+
Prove it, Mr Anderson!

I think there is a simple test for whether something is the matrix or not - creativity. For all it's complexity, the matrix was a mere copy of something that was created in the real world. I will hereby postulate that true randomness, and hence true creativity is something that must exist in the first world, the real world. A world which does create cannot be the first, but can only be an effect of the first. So, are our thoughts really creative? I don't think so - so our mind cannot be the reality, only a part of reality or it's effect. But is what we accept as the real world creative itself?

I'm confused.

Originally posted by FZ+
Prove it, Mr Anderson!

From what I understand, people trapped in the matrix are still able to use their brain and be creative, since your brain is hooked up to the computer. There are still artists and musicians in the matrix who play music and create works of art?
Either that or I just badly misunderstood you post. Would you please expand on it?

Originally posted by wuliheron
Yeah, its theoretically possible. It's called a Quantum Computer and its processessing power is the factorial of the number of Qubits it can handle simultaneously. If anyone has a full scale QC today they aren't admitting it, but one of the more interesting aspects of such a computer is that it just might even spout the answers before you are finished in putting the questions. In other words, it is possibly an even more bizarre idea than an infinite regression of Matrices.

I agree with the processing power bit. What is the reason for spouting the answers before asking the question?

I thought that you would have to observe the state to answer the question? .. which you could not do before asking the question.

From what I understand, people trapped in the matrix are still able to use their brain and be creative, since your brain is hooked up to the computer. There are still artists and musicians in the matrix who play music and create works of art? Either that or I just badly misunderstood you post. Would you please expand on it?
Er.. let me reformat this a bit.

What I mean is that the world of the matrix is a world that is just a copy of the "real world", as it was. The matrix could not create itself, but was created by another world. I mean that as a sort of variation of the Primal Cause argument, that illusionary worlds can only be effects, not the first cause in themselves, they must be created by a creator with an element somewhere else that is independently real. The "world" is not creative - the only creation, the new data in the world comes from the people in it, who are elements from the outer reality of the real world.

During the time of Jesus, there were many Judeo-cults on the rise. The time seemed right for a savior to arise, and there were many who claimed to be the son of God. Among these cults were various Gnostic groups which assertained that the universe was just a cesspool that the gods would piss and **** into every once in a while.

Since this time, there have been many variations on the idea that our entire universe is just an entity contained within a larger system. In the early years of modern physics, some people philosophied that universe might be an atom within another universe. Now, people have explored the Matrix idea which, due to the recent uprise of computer and internet usage, makes for popular contemporary science fiction.

I think there is a bigger question you should be asking yourself...

Is it really turtles all the way down?

eNtRopY

Last edited by a moderator:

of course it is possible, but there is no way for us to find out therefore making a very strong case for the old Occam's Razor.

Originally posted by maximus
of course it is possible, but there is no way for us to find out therefore making a very strong case for the old Occam's Razor.

Sure there is. Just take the blue pill. (or was it the red one?)

Of course it could be and it is! Just take a look around, the whole world is just wretchedly unreal.

If this is a matrix, the world is a reconstruction.

My year of birth was 1985, that means the world must've been globaly surveilled at that time (and probably a time before). Our memories were eraised and we were put back to the beginning of the surveillance era. We must have thought as hell, and perhaps we darkened the sky. I estimate that i participated in the war. Within the next 46 (or else i will die before I fight) years there will be a war between man and machines that the machines will win. We would use our nukes. We are perfectly fine here. For a while anyway. Don't worry, be happy.

So AI will be developed within the next 46 years. It will be intelligent enough to kill there makers.

If this dimension were the Matrix, I imagine a Parallel Universe would only be to happy to consider themselves as the Real World.

The definition of "Matrix" is a womb of some sort, thus the connection with the pod people being grown in the movie. Considering the fact that our whole universe exists in the same dimension must mean that everything in the universe was "grown" for a reason, and that everything - beings, planets, celestial bodies, spiritual bodies are a source of nourishment for some otherwordly realm. I can't say I like that idea too much, but I've always wished, I don't know why, but I always wished that we were really living in the Matrix and someday I'll be invited into the Real World.

Sariaht said:
So AI will be developed within the next 46 years. It will be intelligent enough to kill there makers.

You've been watching too many Hollywood Blockbusters. Have you, by any chance, seen I, Robot? Robot's cannot think for themselves, they are programmed to think/act/work the way they do. I imagine robots will advance greatly in the future, but having robot's intelligent enough to think for themselves, and decide for themselves that they want to kill somehow seems somewhat far-fetched. Robot's don't have a mind, their just a bunch of wires and programming source codes. For something to be able to think for themselves, it needs a spirit. Robot's don't have spirits... yet.

I will see I, robot as soon as I can. It's not out yet in my country, and still I answered you 1 month late. Sorry. I have a puzzle for you though: the universe have six wards;
forward, backward, uppward, downward and sidewards (two of them). they are given the letters A,B,C,D,E,F in order and can be putt in a cube so that all permutations of the letters can be found within the cube. I expect these vectors exist in the womb we call the universe and makes it resemble a specially formated computer.

If there were only four wards, forward, backward, uppward and downward, which there is NOT, all permutations could be found in a 6*6 square, how would you arrange the letters?

x x x x x x
x x x x x x
x x x x x x
x x x x x x
x x x x x x
x x x x x x

It's harder though if you take away the four corner letters:

x x x x
x x x x x x
x x x x x x
x x x x x x
x x x x x x
x x x x

Last edited:
Saint said:

We are all in a very complex computer game and "they" like to push the buttons and see what happens...

but if this is a form of the matrix then that would explain the unexplained things like ghosts, aliens, bramuda triangle because they were just complicated programs designed to do certain things or look diferently for a reason but one program like a computer(like what we are doing at this moment)inside another computer would create an endless loop which would be an extremely very deeply complicated program i fear a program like that would be imposible to make that would rule out the theory of our world being a true matrix because it would be making a type of paradox

1. Could this world be a Matrix?

This is a common question that has been explored in science fiction and philosophy. While there is no definitive answer, some scientists and philosophers argue that it is possible that our reality is a simulation or a Matrix-like construct.

2. What evidence is there to support the idea of our world being a Matrix?

There is no concrete evidence to prove that our world is a Matrix. However, some scientists and philosophers point to the rapid advancements in technology and the idea of creating virtual reality as potential indications of our world being a simulation.

3. How would we know if our world is a Matrix?

It is difficult to determine if our world is a Matrix as we have no frame of reference for what a true reality would be like. Some scientists suggest that if we were to discover glitches or inconsistencies in our perceived reality, it could be an indication that we are living in a simulation.

4. Can science prove or disprove the idea of our world being a Matrix?

As of now, science does not have the capability to prove or disprove the existence of a Matrix-like world. The concept of our reality being a simulation is currently more theoretical than scientific.

5. What implications would there be if our world is a Matrix?

If our world is a simulation, it could have significant implications for our understanding of reality and the nature of our existence. It could also raise ethical questions about who is controlling the simulation and what our purpose within it may be.