Looking for Anthrax Equipment? Check Out This Report!

• News
  • Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Equipment
In summary, the NBC Nightly News report discusses how there is a warehouse full of expensive but slightly outdated lab equipment that can be purchased for a low price. However, the report also reminds viewers that obtaining dangerous materials, such as anthrax, is not as easy as obtaining lab equipment. It compares the situation to nuclear weapons, stating that the real challenge is acquiring the necessary materials. The report also mentions that common household items can be used to make explosives, highlighting the ease of access to these materials.
Tsu
Gold Member
Interesting report on NBC Nightly News:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/976759.asp

edit (written after first two responses): Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. I got interrupted as I was posting this. The point is, if you watch the video of the report, you can get some real nice equipment REAL CHEAP! I knew russ would be all over it before I got back. Yes, dears. I know. If I want some anthrax, I'll go to my neighbors sheep ranch and get me some.:wink: But there are a lot of nice science folks living here and the gov't has a warehouse full of expensive (albeit a tad out of date) equipment that can be had for a song. So keep your shorts on. (Ah. The good old bait and switch routine. Gotta love it! )

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Is this joke? Any can buy lab equipment but not every body can get a strain pathogenic towards human. I don't even have to buy the equipment, I could produce such a thing in my lab. Newsmedia are really goog at scarying people and anyway anthrax is not a good biological weapons in term of killing but it is good agent of terror.

Most people would be shocked to learn what kind of equipment is used in commercial drug labs: Industrial sized FOOD processing equipment. The same Hobart mixer your lunch lady used to make soup.

Its just like nuclear weapons - they aren't that tough for a handful of engineers and physicists to build, the tough part is getting the nuclear material.

This just in: explosive making ingredients found in local hardware and grocery stores. Story at 11.

Last edited:

1. What is anthrax equipment?

Anthrax equipment refers to tools and materials used for the detection, containment, and treatment of anthrax, a deadly infectious disease caused by the bacterium Bacillus anthracis. This equipment can include personal protective gear, decontamination supplies, diagnostic tests, and medical treatment devices.

2. Is it legal to sell anthrax equipment?

Yes, it is legal to sell anthrax equipment as long as it is done in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations. In some countries, there may be restrictions on the sale and possession of certain types of anthrax equipment, so it is important to check with relevant authorities before purchasing or selling.

3. Who can purchase anthrax equipment?

Anthrax equipment is primarily sold to government agencies, research institutions, and medical facilities that have a need for it. However, some suppliers may also sell to individuals or organizations for personal use, such as for emergency preparedness.

4. How can I ensure the quality of anthrax equipment for sale?

It is important to purchase anthrax equipment from reputable suppliers that have a track record of providing high-quality products. Look for suppliers that have been certified by relevant authorities and have good customer reviews. Additionally, make sure to check the expiration dates and storage conditions of the equipment before purchase.

5. Do I need special training to use anthrax equipment?

Yes, proper training is essential for using anthrax equipment safely and effectively. This can include training on handling and storing the equipment, as well as on procedures for decontamination and treatment. It is important to follow all safety protocols and guidelines when using anthrax equipment to minimize the risk of exposure and infection.