Is the Advanced Algebra book by Scott, Foresman still in circulation?

In summary, the person is looking for a book called Advanced Algebra by Scott, Foresman. They are missing 17 copies and are hoping to find copies that are still in circulation. The book was published in 1993, with additional dates of 1990 and 1994. The cover of the book features a stroboscopic photograph of a rotating gyroscope. The person is asking for help in finding the book and mentions a possible website to try.
mathzeroh
Hello friends, I'm new to this forum, and I joined today to ask the fellow math students (AND OF COURSE THE TEACHERS, IF THERE ARE ANY :smile: )about a book called, Advanced Algebra, it is by Scott, Foresman. I'm looking for this book for the math class at my school, because to be frank, we are missing 17 of these books, and had to borrow some from some schools in our District. And I'm wondering if there are any still in circulation that I can purchase. Here is a list of the authors of the book.

Authors:
Sharon L. Senk
Denisse R. Thompson
Steven S. Viktora
Rheta Rubenstein
Judy Halvorson
James Flanders
Natalie Jakucyn
Gerald Pillsbury
Zalman Usiskin

It was published in the year 1993, I believe, but there were also these dates: 1990 and 1994 Impression. And as for the cover, I would like to describe it, it is a dark blue color, with this illustration on it:

(Description of the cover)-A stroboscopic photograph shows the regularity in the movement of a rotating gyroscope. While the pivot remains stationary, the axis itself revolves outlining a cone.

If anyone could help me out with that, I'd be grateful. Thank you.

Mathematics news on Phys.org

Hello! Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you with your search for the Advanced Algebra book. Have you tried checking online bookstores or contacting the publisher directly to see if they still have copies available? You can also try reaching out to other schools in your district to see if they have any extra copies they can lend or sell to you. Good luck with your search!

1. What is advanced algebra and why is it important?

Advanced algebra is a branch of mathematics that deals with more complex equations and functions compared to basic algebra. It is important because it provides the foundation for higher level math courses, as well as many fields such as physics, engineering, and computer science.

2. What topics are typically covered in an advanced algebra book?

Advanced algebra books typically cover topics such as linear and quadratic equations, polynomial and rational functions, exponential and logarithmic functions, systems of equations, matrices, and complex numbers.

3. How can an advanced algebra book help me improve my problem-solving skills?

An advanced algebra book can help you improve your problem-solving skills by providing a systematic approach to solving complex equations and functions. It also includes a variety of practice problems and examples to help you apply the concepts and techniques learned.

4. Are there any online resources that can supplement an advanced algebra book?

Yes, there are many online resources such as video tutorials, practice problems, and interactive quizzes that can supplement an advanced algebra book. These resources can provide additional explanations and help reinforce the concepts learned in the book.

5. How should I approach studying an advanced algebra book?

It is important to have a solid understanding of basic algebra before diving into advanced algebra. Take your time to read and understand each chapter, and make sure to practice solving problems. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you get stuck on a concept or problem. It is also helpful to review and reinforce previously learned material as you progress through the book.