Do you prefer short and sweet replies in threads?

• Thread starter cmdr_sponge
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Point
In summary, the conversation discusses different opinions on the length of replies in threads. Some argue that long posts are sometimes necessary for clarity and to improve writing skills, while others believe that short and concise posts are better, especially in humorous threads. The issue of wasting server space is also mentioned, with some suggesting that long posts should be avoided to save space. Overall, it is agreed that presentation and organization are key factors in making a post easy to read, regardless of its length.

I would like to bannish long posts to the depths of hell.

• yes banish them now o lord

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • no keep them i find them interesting and i'm a loser

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
Originally posted by eNtRopY
No, my tactic is working just fine...

I got it from Sun Tzu's Art of War -- and I paraphrase -- if you can cause decension amidst the ranks of the enemy, you will win the battle without fighting it.

eNtRopY

if the enemy has only one rank or no rank, u may never win.

there was once a boy named simon. simon was a very happy boy. he would play with his dog all day. his dog was called george. george ate simon and simons dad ate the dog, with extra ketchup.

never underestimate the power of suprise.

i suspect i paraphrase too.

Physics news on Phys.org
eNtRopY, where did you go?

Originally posted by cmdr_sponge
there was once a boy named simon. simon was a very happy boy. he would play with his dog all day. his dog was called george. george ate simon and simons dad ate the dog, with extra ketchup.

Were you the little fat boy? -- One Crazy Summer (1986)

eNtRopY

no - cmdr_sponge summer 2003

eNtRopY, your signature is completely contrary to your profile, oxy-moronic actually.

Think I told a joke about you in the 'post a joke thread,

eNtRopY talking?
Roses are red, Violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic, and I am too

HA that was a Joke!

eNtRopY...

your signature says...
eNtRopY's signature
In 1972, a special forces commando was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he did not commit. He promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help -- and if you can find him -- maybe you can hire... e N t R o p Y!

But your profile says you were born in 1976, confuuuuused is ya?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
your signature says...

But your profile says you were born in 1976, confuuuuused is ya?

the A-Team dude

eNtRopY

Originally posted by eNtRopY
the A-Team dude

eNtRopY

Fashioned after a discontinued television program, that ran how long ago??

This is your defense? HUH? WHat?

Hey, the A-Team was a good show... you learned how to make stuff by watching it. It was kind of an instruction show like Bob Villa's Home Again, Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood, or MacGyver.

Anyway, here's the real question...

Who would win in a battle between Rambo and the A-Team?

I say Rambo based on the following observations:
- the A-Team never ran out of ammunition
- Rambo never needed ammunition
- the A-Team never killed anyone
- Rambo killed everyone

... and let's not forget:
- Rambo kicked BA Baracus' @ss in Rocky III

eNtRopY

Who would win in a fight between Knightrider and Airwolf?

Originally posted by Andy
Who would win in a fight between Knightrider and Airwolf?

Airwolf would win... except in Germany.

eNtRopY

who would win a fight between the decepticons and the autobots?

The autobots of course.

Who would win a fight between Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein?

Andy,
Are you aware that the previous post was a year and 3 months ago? :uhh:
But to answer your question, "W" would decide. The two are probably current cell-mates (Bin Laden will make his appearance from his own spider hole in late October)

This thread should have never ended... Those were the days...

What ever happened to all those guys? Is Robin Parsons still a homeless bum? Is eNtRopY still an *******? Are Andy and cmdr_sponge still together? Did Mentat ever grow any older, or is he doomed to be a middle schooler forever because he's trapped in some kind of Peanuts/Simpsons time warp?

Last edited:
Andy said:
The autobots of course.

Who would win a fight between Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein?

Hahahahaha... if only we new then what we know now!

Wow, lots of old names. The thread is too outdated though.

<h2>1. What is the benefit of short and sweet replies in threads?</h2><p>Short and sweet replies in threads are beneficial because they are concise and to the point, making them easier to read and understand. They also save time for both the person writing the reply and the person reading it.</p><h2>2. Is it better to use short and sweet replies in all threads?</h2><p>It depends on the context and purpose of the thread. In some cases, longer and more detailed replies may be necessary to fully address the topic at hand. However, in general, short and sweet replies are preferred as they are more efficient and effective.</p><h2>3. Can short and sweet replies be considered rude or dismissive?</h2><p>It is possible for short and sweet replies to come across as rude or dismissive if they lack proper tone and context. However, if used appropriately, they can be a polite and efficient way of communicating in threads.</p><h2>4. How can I make my replies short and sweet without sacrificing important information?</h2><p>One way to make your replies short and sweet is to focus on the most relevant and important information. Avoid unnecessary details and stick to the main points. You can also use bullet points or numbered lists to organize your thoughts and make them more concise.</p><h2>5. Are there any situations where longer replies are preferred over short and sweet ones?</h2><p>Yes, there are certain situations where longer replies may be necessary. For example, if the thread is discussing a complex topic or requires a detailed explanation, longer replies may be more appropriate. It is important to consider the context and purpose of the thread when deciding on the length of your reply.</p>

1. What is the benefit of short and sweet replies in threads?

Short and sweet replies in threads are beneficial because they are concise and to the point, making them easier to read and understand. They also save time for both the person writing the reply and the person reading it.

2. Is it better to use short and sweet replies in all threads?

It depends on the context and purpose of the thread. In some cases, longer and more detailed replies may be necessary to fully address the topic at hand. However, in general, short and sweet replies are preferred as they are more efficient and effective.

3. Can short and sweet replies be considered rude or dismissive?

It is possible for short and sweet replies to come across as rude or dismissive if they lack proper tone and context. However, if used appropriately, they can be a polite and efficient way of communicating in threads.

4. How can I make my replies short and sweet without sacrificing important information?

One way to make your replies short and sweet is to focus on the most relevant and important information. Avoid unnecessary details and stick to the main points. You can also use bullet points or numbered lists to organize your thoughts and make them more concise.

5. Are there any situations where longer replies are preferred over short and sweet ones?

Yes, there are certain situations where longer replies may be necessary. For example, if the thread is discussing a complex topic or requires a detailed explanation, longer replies may be more appropriate. It is important to consider the context and purpose of the thread when deciding on the length of your reply.