Inputting Uneven Equations on the TI-89 Calculator?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter Holmez
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Input Ti-89
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of inserting three equations into a TI-89 calculator and obtaining the answers. The equations have varying amounts of parts and the person uses a program called Simultaneous Eqn Solver on their calculator. The equations are provided and tips are given for solving them by hand, but the person's teacher advises using a calculator. After following the given instructions, the person is able to successfully input the equations and obtain the desired answers.
Holmez
I have problems with finding out how i can insert these three equations:
index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=399594.jpg

into the TI-89 calcualtor, so i get the 3 answers in the bottom of the picture. I know how to do it if the 3 equations have the same amount of parts/sections, but like you see here the fir equation has 2 parts, but the 2 others have 3 parts. I use the program called Simultaneous Eqn Solver on my TI-89.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Actually, each equation has four parts:
[tex]0F_{ax}+ 0F_{ay}+ \frac{8}{\sqrt{20}}F_c+ \frac{800(16)}{\sqrt{20}}= 0[/tex]
[tex]1F_{ax}+ 0F_{ay}+ \frac{-2}{\sqrt{20}}F_c+ \frac{800(4)}{\sqrt{20}}= 0[/tex]
[tex]0F_{ax}+ 1F_{ay}+ \frac{4}{\sqrt{20}}F_c+ \frac{800(2)}{\sqrt{20}}= 0[/tex]

By the way, 800(16)= 12800, 800(4)= 3200, 800(2)= 1600, and [itex]\sqrt{20}= 2\sqrt{5}[/itex].

Calculators are good for doing tedious arithemetic. Don't expect them to do your thinking for you! These are close to being trivial to do by hand and it would be good practice. Solve the first equation for [itex]F_c[/itex], then put that value into each of the other equations.

thanx for the help :)
My teacher says that we should input it into a calclator, so we don't need to solve the equations manualy.

i got it to work now when i inputed the equations the way you wrote them :)

Related to Inputting Uneven Equations on the TI-89 Calculator?

1. How do I input a function on a TI-89 calculator?

To input a function on a TI-89 calculator, press the "Y=" button and use the arrow keys to move to the desired function slot. Press "ENTER" to begin inputting the function. You can use the keyboard or on-screen menu to input the function's variables, operations, and numbers.

2. Can I input equations with multiple variables on a TI-89 calculator?

Yes, the TI-89 calculator allows you to input equations with multiple variables. Use the "X,T,θ,n" button to input variables such as x, y, and z. You can also use the "alpha" button to access more variable options.

3. How do I input exponents and other special symbols on a TI-89 calculator?

To input exponents on a TI-89 calculator, use the "x^2" button for squared, "x^3" for cubed, and "x^y" for other exponents. To input other special symbols, use the "alpha" button and the corresponding key for the symbol, such as "alpha" + "l" for the symbol π.

4. Can I input complex numbers on a TI-89 calculator?

Yes, the TI-89 calculator allows you to input complex numbers. Use the "alpha" button and the "i" key to represent the imaginary unit. You can also use the "alpha" button and the "r" key to input a polar coordinate, such as "r∠θ".

5. How do I input matrices on a TI-89 calculator?

To input matrices on a TI-89 calculator, press the "MATRX" button and select the desired matrix type (e.g. 2x2, 3x3). Use the arrow keys to navigate and input the values for each element. Press "ENTER" when finished. You can also use the "alpha" button and the corresponding key for special matrix symbols, such as "alpha" + "q" for the identity matrix.